Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Again, this is salt we are talking about, not "get jacked, guaranteed!!!"

Thomas, I don't think you understand how things work in the weightlifting world... not saying the this guy was doing or knew what they know but still... there's a whole 'nother world out there with regard to illicit substances. Until that changes, and until the supplement industry is regulated, somebody has to take responsibility for Ostarine getting in Lucas Pozzetta's system, and it shouldn't be you or me, which is what's happening now.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Again, this is salt we are talking about, not "get jacked, guaranteed!!!"

Thomas, I don't think you understand how things work in the weightlifting world... not saying the this guy was doing or knew what they know but still... there's a whole 'nother world out there with regard to illicit substances. Until that changes, and until the supplement industry is regulated, somebody has to take responsibility for Ostarine getting in Lucas Pozzetta's system, and it shouldn't be you or me, which is what's happening now.

I guess I am confused by the bolded part, can you expand on this. How are you and me taking responsibility for Ostarine getting into Lucas's system? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have some sort of agenda that you care to elaborate on?

Along the lines of what Thomas was saying...I have almost no idea what you are trying to say in some of your posts...either not seeing the logic or the grammar is very poor.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sitting volleyball is a real sport in the Paralympics. Mostly amputees do it that’s why it’s sitting and they use a low net obviously
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
original wrote:
sxevegan wrote:

9 track and field
4 weightlifting
2 UFC
1 cycling
1 sitting vollyball

So the anti-doping administration was not targeting triathlon? What category does the tri guy who tested positive fall into, cycling?

Lucas wasn't added to the sanctions list on the USADA website when i pulled those stats. I'm sure he will be listed as "triathlon" like the other triathletes who have tested positive.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [sxevegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even though it costs more to buy, Ive been buying stuff with an NSF certification for this reason. For example, my wife and i switched to Garden of Life (no sponsorship) protein powder simply because of the NSF cert.

I previously drank TriFuel because their lab is an FDA Registered, cGMP Certified manufacturing facility (NSF, NPA, QAI certtied). For total openness, I have been sponsored by trifuel. The company seems very confident that their products are clean.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
To expand a little bit, people literally die after ironman races where they consume water and no salt. A friend of mine almost died of hyponatremia after IM Boulder. He was in the hospital for 3 days. I know people debate the performance aspect of salt supplementation a lot, but I can tell you that in really hot 70.3's and longer, I never ran well until I started actually planning salt intake rather than just trusting that whatever sports drink I bought had what I needed.

But also, even in an olympic, do you drink only water, or do you use a sports drink of some sort?

For all my long course races i drank coke and ate the chips for my salt needs.

In olympic racing i only drink water and my carb boom on the bike. Never drink sport drinks of any type and seem to do just fine.

I hate to break it to you, but you supplement salt while racing. EVEN if it were just chips and soda, that is still salt. But you also use Carb Boom, which has both sodium and potassium in it. So welcome to the club.

That's pretty much BS.

Taking minerals and sugars and on the other side taking products that provide biochemically active or catalytic activity (complex biosynthetic compounds) is not the same.

The old-fashioned definition of 'supplement' including in-organic minerals and salts without biological activity is misleading and often used as an excuse by those who start pointing fingers back.

Again, minerals and sugars are not the same as biological protein building blocks, precursors of hormones, antioxidants or other catalytic substances, that are in general of complex biological nature and otherwise normally built by the human body.

In my book, if you try to gain an edge by taking these biologics-supplements, you are walking a thin line with a clear intent and at your own peril.

Play with fire, get burned. And IMO, rightfully so.

What the hell are you talking about? Dave was saying that he takes no salt when racing and can't understand why people take salt. I pointed out to him the he does in fact take salt. That was my point. I said nothing about "biologics-supplements", hormone precursors or catalysts.

Try doing an ironman while taking in no salts. It doesn't matter if you get it from potato chips or base salt, which is nothing other than Himalayan sea salt. There is no slippery slope here. It's not pushing ethical boundaries. It is keeping you from being hospitalized for hyponatremia.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
awenborn wrote:

Are manufacturers legally required to keep samples of every batch of product that they turn out?

That's a great suggestion if they are not required to.

I was going to turn that around. If I were a pro endurance athlete I'd buy two bottles of every supplement I used. Then store one away sealed, and always leave 4-5 pills unused in the bottle I used. Then after a year (or whenever I'm 100% clear), I'd give throw out the opened container, and give away the sealed one. (Don't want to use it because *it* might be contaminated, and then I'd have no sealed version).
Last edited by: trail: Jan 5, 18 10:07
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [sxevegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sxevegan wrote:

Lucas wasn't added to the sanctions list on the USADA website when i pulled those stats. I'm sure he will be listed as "triathlon" like the other triathletes who have tested positive.

I think you missed triathlete Ashley Paulson, who is on the USADA sanction list currently for ostarine. And it's worth noting that triathletes Lauren Barnett and Beth Gerdes were sanctioned for ostarine under the Ironman anti-doping program, and don't show up on the USADA list.

So I think Lucas is #4.

Edit: Not sure why "Ironman" tested athletes don't show up on the USADA page. Ironman uses the WADA code. But maybe they test without using USADA?
Last edited by: trail: Jan 5, 18 10:22
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
To expand a little bit, people literally die after ironman races where they consume water and no salt. A friend of mine almost died of hyponatremia after IM Boulder. He was in the hospital for 3 days. I know people debate the performance aspect of salt supplementation a lot, but I can tell you that in really hot 70.3's and longer, I never ran well until I started actually planning salt intake rather than just trusting that whatever sports drink I bought had what I needed.

But also, even in an olympic, do you drink only water, or do you use a sports drink of some sort?

For all my long course races i drank coke and ate the chips for my salt needs.

In olympic racing i only drink water and my carb boom on the bike. Never drink sport drinks of any type and seem to do just fine.

I hate to break it to you, but you supplement salt while racing. EVEN if it were just chips and soda, that is still salt. But you also use Carb Boom, which has both sodium and potassium in it. So welcome to the club.

Not sure the point. Yep i do have to eat at times in a race. But never under the thought a am taking a supplement to get an edge and push the rules.

And since folks said i needed salt for ld which is why i eat chips.

Not sure why the attack

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
sxevegan wrote:

I think you missed triathlete Ashley Paulson, who is on the USADA sanction list currently for ostarine. And it's worth noting that triathletes Lauren Barnett and Beth Gerdes were sanctioned for ostarine under the Ironman anti-doping program, and don't show up on the USADA list.

So I think Lucas is #4.

Edit: Not sure why "Ironman" tested athletes don't show up on the USADA page. Ironman uses the WADA code. But maybe they test without using USADA?

I just pulled the names/positives from 2017. Ashley's positive was from march 2016
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was not an attack, Dave. You said you do not take salt. But you do. All I was doing was pointing it out.

Are you saying that people who consume salt on purpose are somehow "pushing the rules" where as you who consume salt without forethought are not pushing the rules? What rules are being pushed?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
It was not an attack, Dave. You said you do not take salt. But you do. All I was doing was pointing it out.

Are you saying that people who consume salt on purpose are somehow "pushing the rules" where as you who consume salt without forethought are not pushing the rules? What rules are being pushed?

Imo when a person says they are taking a supplement especially a brand with a reputation well. Now clearly most are fine . And we know i am wrong.:)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Ironman ever make a statement on this or the appeal? I don’t see to recall seeing anything, wondering how this turned out
Quote Reply

Prev Next