Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh!

Thanks for the link.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you go back to the two trisports threads that were on the forum you will see that I told you guys exactly this. I was figuring that one of you would have sleuthed it out. Now that you know, who can find my bread crumbs I left out there?

Oh ya, free trisports jersey to the first one that gets my two refrences.. Hurry,!!!!
Last edited by: monty: Oct 16, 17 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh great. As if there weren't already enough incompetence in the triathlon retail world already.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re: PSA: Trisports [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty
Oct 6, 17 10:00
Post #46 of 75 (1146 views)
Just so everyone knows, they are not taking any more orders. Old dogs die, New Dogs take over, RIP Trisports..

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...s_P6434714/#p6434714
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Old dogs die, New Dogs take over"

and

"Not sure where and when the latest version came from, but I was the original Tri Sports, so I think I must own it... "?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< Old dogs die, New Dogs take over >>

<<but I was the original Tri Sports, so I think I must own it... (-;

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Oh great. As if there weren't already enough incompetence in the triathlon retail world already.

and this is one reason among many that we will NOT be retailers. we are a briefly visited waystation along trisports' highway of life. i do expect to find retailer homes for a lot of the inventory we have, that is, i expect to be calling you with an inventory list and a price you can't refuse, and then i'll call the next IBD or run specialty store, and the next until most of it is offloaded. but i doubt you're interested in buying trisports.com team kits and that, plus inventory destined to be team USA kits, makes up about half of what we now have.

we had one nice, complete, tri bike that we inherited in the inventory. i gave it away to one of the trisports employees. i already earned the tri bike selling merit badge. don't want to earn it again.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welshinphilly got it by 3 minutes, sorry Mike!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
trentnix wrote:

and this is one reason among many that we will NOT be retailers. we are a briefly visited waystation along trisports' highway of life. i do expect to find retailer homes for a lot of the inventory we have, that is, i expect to be calling you with an inventory list and a price you can't refuse, and then i'll call the next IBD or run specialty store, and the next until most of it is offloaded. but i doubt you're interested in buying trisports.com team kits and that, plus inventory destined to be team USA kits, makes up about half of what we now have.

we had one nice, complete, tri bike that we inherited in the inventory. i gave it away to one of the trisports employees. i already earned the tri bike selling merit badge. don't want to earn it again.
A big part of me wishes you were becoming retailers. Misery loves company, right?

I figured that was coming, so I'll start stacking some pennies.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Slowman wrote:
trentnix wrote:

A big part of me wishes you were becoming retailers. Misery loves company, right? I figured that was coming, so I'll start stacking some pennies.

you are one of the guys i know who is crossing the desert of aqaba (our current industry downturn) who will survive. i also have a lot of tools, just so you know. warm up your truck.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Slowman wrote:
trentnix wrote:

A big part of me wishes you were becoming retailers. Misery loves company, right?

I figured that was coming, so I'll start stacking some pennies.

Is retailing all that hard? If so, why? I ask because I am looking to change my lot in life...currently a banker and do well enough. But, I would rather do something I am more passionate about,.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me know if that truck and trailer is going up for sale and of course if you have anything a little run shop might need id be interested in taking a look

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
Let me know if that truck and trailer is going up for sale and of course if you have anything a little run shop might need id be interested in taking a look

that entire rig is up for sale and, yes, i have inventory that's right up your alley.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could take up triathlon. Or painting. Just don't do retail.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Oct 17, 17 4:22
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
You could take up triathlon. Or painting. Just don't do retail.

Triathlon - Not good enough
Painting - Even worse at painting
Retail - Well, guess I am stuck in banking.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

Is retailing all that hard? If so, why?

read all about it,

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...of_business_P6403309

TL,DR - Amazon already ate your lunch and everyone else's too..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

(Do I win a jersey?)
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to be honest my shine for Amazon is dimming. The more I deal with them, the less I like them. Sure they have good deals, but what kind of a company that wants to move into the groceries market runs out of a food item in multiple brands? Yesterday, I tried to order cashews from the Canadian webstore. None to be had on Prime and those available from 3rd party sellers were priced as if a meth head was hoping to fund their next 10 scores in one sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will any of the inventory be listed in the Classifieds? If so, when might we expect it to appear?
THX

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan and Monty buy Trisports [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were limited items on the Trisports website that weee never discounted, presumably because of manufacturer restrictions (e.g., Zipp wheels, some electronics, etc.).

A lot of items remained on their site after being “discontinued”. I imagined these items were sold out during the sales.

Most of the stuff still available, despite discounting, was obviously less desirable (e.g., Trisports kit).

Monty/Dan, can you give us a hint of what kind of stuff will be sold? Mostly stuff from the first and third categories?
Quote Reply