Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance and Ironman?? [cimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Who cares? He really doesn't want to do it"

Asshole post of the day.

Well obviously choobakky does, and I am willing to bet others do. Just because you aren't interested, doesn't mean others aren't. Granted it has been talked about ad nauseum on the forum, but that doesn't mean people don't want to talk about it again. Not interested? Don't read it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and Ironman?? [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Comping Lance a trip to Hawaii isn't exactly a huge financial incentive for him. Maybe a $500k appearance fee. They could easily make it up with the increased exposure. NBC would probably turn in into a Thursday night special or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and Ironman?? [ezrahallam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "Comping Lance a trip to Hawaii isn't exactly a huge financial incentive for him. Maybe a $500k appearance fee. They could easily make it up with the increased exposure. NBC would probably turn in into a Thursday night special or something. "

I was saying to just put that standing offer out there. If he is at all interested, I'm sure between NBC, WTC, Trek, Nike, et c, the pot could be made much sweeter. The teaser on SNL shows that it has at least crossed his mind. He wouldn't go into it without being totally prepared, same as the Tour. LA isn't the kind of guy who would do it "just to do it". If he were to show, he'd be there for the win.

Quote Reply
Re: Lance and Ironman?? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Well I don't see how tri can be any diffrent they any other endurance sport at the pro levels.

Of course you are right but many people in ST land assume everyone except Lance is on drugs and you have to toe the line or prepare for some nasty e-mails."

What you are saying makes NO sense. Tibbs said something to the effect that Lance and many pro triathletes were all on EPO, I disagreed and said to him that he had a pessimistic attitude. So you seem to agree with Tibbs but then you say that many people in ST land assumes everyone except Lance is on drugs. That's the exact opposite of what I said, my point was that I don't think triathlon is nearly as dirty as cycling.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next