Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How much weight have you lost [doherjo1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of this is amazing and unimaginable to me: 120 pounds is like gaining or losing a whole (small) human being!!!

I'm 5-10: I might have been close to 180 in 1995. I have been between 150 and 158 since 2001.
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [monterey411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a gainer also. I do need to exercise more if I am going to continue to eat what I want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
May 2002- Graduated college at 198

June 2002- Broke-up with my girl of 6 years, moved 900 miles from home, and started grad school at 210.

November 2005- weighed-in at 158 for Ironman Florida
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
about 3-4 kilos since this time last year. eddy would probably still tell me to lose 5 or 6 kilos though if i want to be anything of consequence in the cycling world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Height 5' 9" medium build age 53. I weighted in at 195lbs for a short time 1 year or less. Then dropped to 170lbs for several years. Took up running and TRi's wt. average last 7 years 145lbs.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My story?

When I stopped training really seriously for triathlon a few years ago going from 15+ hours/week to barely doing anything, I lots about 5 pounds!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10",and in 2004 I weighed a portly 154 lbs,with 6.5% body fat. Now I'm down to 145lbs,and my body fat percentage is at about 5.5% . :-0
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long did it take to lose the weight? Did you have any loose skin? Great job
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It took about a year. I was 100% dedicated, OK obsessive, but that's my personality, all or none.

Lose skin...yeah it took a year or two, but most has "dissolved", I don't know what happened to it, but looking back at photos, I can notice some flabs, gone now. The best part of the whole experience was the motivational factor rubbing off to friends, etc. I ended up as an "insert" on a Mens Health cover. Story: my wife went to the local store to buy 6 issues to give to parents, etc., the check out lady asked why she was buying so many, my wife said she is married to the guy on the cover. The clerk looked at the stud on the cover and said "dang you're a lucky woman", my wife laughed and said, no, I'm married to the fat guy in the lower corner (it was a "before" photo).
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [TB in MT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no kidding, that's like, me! That is a lot of weight to lose and that's very impressive.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next