How much weight have you lost
Quote | Reply
Here are some great stories in thread on Gordo's site:

http://www.coachgordo.com/...x.php?showtopic=5791

So how about ST, what are your stories?
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [doherjo1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lose weight? I thought its the off-season now in the USA...man am I out of it... Am I the only one gaining?
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no...this one is gaining in canada too :(

k
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
make that THREE gainers!! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i was about 138 in may (im 5'3"), even with consistent running for years. turns out i was running at WAY too high a heart rate to be losing any weight. id come back from every run feeling like i was going to throw up. then i got a new bike, a coach, learned to swim, and started training by heart rate and time instead of distance (thanks to the boyfriends recommendation). now im way fitter and down to about 119, and still losing. i eat A LOT, and its fantastic not having to worry about my weight....ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Here are some great stories in thread on Gordo's site:

http://www.coachgordo.com/...x.php?showtopic=5791

So how about ST, what are your stories?
February 2001, I weighed 198 (might've been closer to 200, but I'm in denial). Quit my commuting job, took a job working from home (for more money), started riding as much as possible. Created a local 29 mile hill loop that I did as fast as possible, twice a week or so come springtime. First time was about 17mph. Also did a flattish 33 mile loop that I also did as a TT. Did 970 miles in August. September 2001, I weighed 172, topped 21mph for the hill loop, averaged 17mph for a 11,000' total climbing century the week after 9/11. Raced last year at ~170lbs. Never looked back.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weighed 197 when i first started riding a bike competitively - lost about 5 lbs in the first six months, then it started to come off quite quickly. Down to 165 today. I didn't think much about the weight loss until after I'd lost 10 pounds - I then picked up a 10 lb dumbell and imagined towing that around on my gut!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Growing up I was always on the slender side. I wanted to be bigger and stronger. So I was hitting the gym and eating the calories and two years ago I hit my goal of 245 lbs @ 6'4". I was stronger and bigger but I was fat (43" waist) and slower. I decided then that this was not who I was. I began running a bit and when my daughter started riding I got a bike to cruise the neighborhood with her. Growing up in Hawaii I knew how to swim and figured I always want to do a tri. Since my first sprint I've trimmed down to 195 lbs steady, briefly touching 190 lbs. with a 35" waist. I've been having trouble getting rid of that last 2% BF to get under 10% but will worry about that this spring.

John
"A profoundly peaceful run; a gift to myself" Frazz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6' and I weighed like 192 or so a little over a year ago. I weighed 180 or so when I started training for tri (about 6 months ago). Now I weigh 150-155, depending on the time of day :)

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 gainers! No one told me that in the off-season you can't keep eating like in-season.... 8 lbs. later I got it ;-P

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [monterey411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup - make that another 'gainer' here (about 6 lbs). This is about what I usually gain in the entire off season (5-10, 168 now). I was surprised that I put it on so fast though since IMFL was only 1 month ago :(

Quote | Reply
I was 230 lbs in April of this year. Trained for my 1st Tri and now I'm currently 190 lbs. 20 more pounds to go and hopefully knock some time off of Oly Distance time next summer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 2001 after hitting a plateau at 210 (after losing 35 pounds) a now ex started me running, which really long story short lead me to tri's and more weight loss. As of July I was 162, I'm right now back up to 176 at 5'10" but I will be down to the mid 160's hopefully by next spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About 10LBS since IMH..mostly muscle i'm sure!!

Here's some information I just got that I really liked.

http://www.ironm4n.blogspot.com

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hit a high of 245 about 3 years ago...was 230 this time last year and was 225 in April 2005. Now down to 195 (my goal was to hit 199 by end of year) and hoping to get to a IMLP race weight of 180-185...although, if I'm a bit heavier and feel better, I could care less. I've found that lately, my weight has plateuaed a bit but just looking at myself and seeing the muscle develop, I know that I'm losing fat and gaining muscle and that's why the weight won't drop.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys are all lightweights.

I'm a gurl. 5'11".

Heaviest weight: 278lbs that was 7 years ago.

Current weight around the 200 range ... can't wait to get to 179 when I"ll officially be "normal" on the BMI. Took off a lot when I was pregnant and was stuck at 250 for a looooong time. Finally dropped more of it a couple of years ago.

Tri Hard !
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [Bing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanksgiving day 2004 - 218lbs

Thanksgiving day 2005 - 176lbs Most of the season at 170lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I played football in college (10 yrs ago) I peaked around 275...I raced this season at 173....Looking to race at 165ish in 2006...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
August '03 - 305 pounds
December '05 - 170 pounds

135 pounds so far. I've got about ten more to go. The how and why is a longer story, one I'll share a bit later.

--Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feb. 2005 - weighed roughly 195 (6'0"). Started lifting and doing aerobic boring stuff on gym machines.

June 2005 - weighed roughly 180 and felt like it was time to go after long time goal of completing a tri.

October 2005 - did first tri at about 170 lbs.

Weight just keeps coming off and I love it. Holidays have me closer to 170 again but I was down to 166 (so almost 30 lbs. lost)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
65lbs
I was 205lbs in 2001
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've put on 190 pounds since July.

...of 1974

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was 230 lbs, fat and a couch potato. Then I discovered triathlon, now I'm 160. I've stayed 160-170 for two years, so probably here to stay.

tom
Quote Reply
Re: How much weight have you lost [Bing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You guys are all lightweights.

I'm a gurl. 5'11".

Heaviest weight: 278lbs that was 7 years ago.

Current weight around the 200 range ... can't wait to get to 179 when I"ll officially be "normal" on the BMI. Took off a lot when I was pregnant and was stuck at 250 for a looooong time. Finally dropped more of it a couple of years ago.

No pics?

Didn't happen. *congrats!*

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
July 2002 - 265 Painfully out of shape. bloated..sweaty...rings wouldn't fit on hands...yuck..

November 2005 - 185 3:59:59 at Philly Marathon two weeks ago..1/2 IM behind me..2 marathons..road cycle racing..doing IMLP '06...

I earned the weight loss..I'm gonna fight like a mutha to keep it off...One day at a time...Persistence is an extended form of courage.

B.
Ridgewood, NJ

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply

Prev Next