Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Varia Radar Users - Quick Question [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In your experience, what's the smallest size vehicle that will register? For example, it's clear that it will detect cars, but will it also detect motor cycles? Oddly enough, I have had some negative experiences with folks on motor bikes harassing cyclists. Is the Varia sensitive enough to tell you if a motor cycle is approaching?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Radar Users - Quick Question [f18guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^. yes it can bike up motorbikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Radar Users - Quick Question [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
A huge part of making this mirror work is turning your head just the right amount to see what you need to see. It actually takes practice, but I got the hang of it after about 4 hours on the roads - it works really well on something like a descent on a country road where you want to take the lane but there's too much wind noise to hear any fast cars stuck behind you and its too dangerous to turn your head around constantly to check for them.

Went for a two hour ride on the road bike yesterday. Terrain is very flat and there wasn't much wind so I knew I'd be riding almost the entire way on the hoods. Thought I'd try the mirror again. It took several miles of fiddling, but I finally found the sweet spot. Then I went for a drink, and promptly bumped it out of adjustment with the water bottle. Left handedness strikes again!

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply

Prev Next