Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Technology rules... Enforcing the non-draft [lowcountry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Discount coupons are cheap, but they place the burden right back onto the RD, who now has to hustle up yet more free stuff from sponsors. Plus I've never really found them to worth that much - a discount on something I don't intend to buy in the first place isn't really a good value.

Some reasons why waiving USAT fees in exchange for volunteering as a race official would work better:
  • It's something of real value to a triathlete -- everyone pays fees.
  • The triathlete-marshal can be entered into a USAT database, and an RD who's in a jam will be able to reach out and find some trained marshals.
  • Most importantly, it's a high-visiblity way for USAT to show that it is adding value to the sport.

Quote Reply
Re: Technology rules... Enforcing the non-draft [olddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people have gotten some pretty good deals using coupons. It depends on the coupon and the company.

Race fees gotten pretty high. I seems that some of that, or a small increase would cover a few marshals. In a 300 person Oly race, how much would be required, per participant to cover some extra marshals. Comps of waeived USAT or race fees would bring in some.

Volunteering might be more fun if one could ride around the course a few times while serving as a stealth marshal.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Technology rules... Enforcing the non-draft [olddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Volunteer to marshal at a USAT race (and actually do it) -- get your USAT fees waived for the season. That'll be an incentive.[/reply]

To remain certified you have to do 2 races per year, not just one, but I think the dues waiver incentive has been in place for quite a while, maybe "forever".
Last edited by: skip: Nov 30, 05 16:35
Quote Reply

Prev Next