Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Very confused regarding bikefit - Cervelo P3 [hhetland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hhetland wrote:
Thanks for all the good replies! I have come to the realization (as said by many) that there is no answer and that it's more of an art than science. That's why I think forums such as these are awesome!

So, having a little cold this past week made me do some more research into positions and reading lots of the great information available on this forum. I then went back to my bike to experience and spent a couple of hours adjusting things back and forth, mainly focusing on shoulder and hip angles - as well as what felt good for me. After lots of fiddling, I ended up with this position.

Thew new position is a roughly 13cm drop (the retul fit was 8) and I actually feel a lot more stable having more drop as well having the 90mm stem opposed to the 60mm which the fitter meant was a "must" for proper shoulder angle. I don't actually get why though, comparing my shoulder angles with the 60mm vs 90mm I'm at roughly the same - it's just more or less the drop that's the big difference? I don't feel particularly stretched out either in "the new position" with the 90mm stem. After a two hour ride yesterday, it felt quite good after some adjusting. My neck will have to get used to this new angle and perhaps the seat is a tad too high, but otherwise I think it's quite good. I got lots of headwind yesterday and I definitely felt a noticeable difference as opposed to the old position!

What do you guys think? Too aggressive? Not aggressive enough?

I guess hip rotation is still not very good. I am (or at least it feels like) I'm at the very front of the seat now.. I do feel like I rotate my hips when riding at least..

You have done some great modifications and most importantly you have taken the power over your own bikefit. This is key. Keep on experimenting and learning. The final step is aero testing using Golden Cheetah.

The only two things I would suggest now is 1) trying shorter cranks. This gives you wiggle room both up and down with the saddle. And 2) Tilt your arms upwards. A 5-10 degree tilt can be more aero but most importantly the tilt creates a feeling of a "stop" at the front end, making you more comfortable.

Is the position too aggressive? I dont know, does it bite?

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply

Prev Next