Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Finally starting a process of converting my S5 to TT - need fit help! [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RonanIRL wrote:
Summit do you know if the SW-R9160s are compatible? They're synchro-shifting based I believe, so I'd need to upgrade my battery as well?

The compatibility chart link I posted above answers your questions. They work for shifting, but not synchro shifting. But I'm not sure what that means since they are one button shifters. My guess would be they only control the rear derailleur.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally starting a process of converting my S5 to TT - need fit help! [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Synchro is Shimano's "new" system of shifting whereby the front derailleur "reacts" to what the rear is doing. If you're on the small chain out front and you try to shift into too low a gear on the rear it will jump the front to the big ring, even though you've only given the rear a command.

It's fully customizable with the new e-tube system apparently.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally starting a process of converting my S5 to TT - need fit help! [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
RonanIRL wrote:
Summit do you know if the SW-R9160s are compatible? They're synchro-shifting based I believe, so I'd need to upgrade my battery as well?

The compatibility chart link I posted above answers your questions. They work for shifting, but not synchro shifting. But I'm not sure what that means since they are one button shifters. My guess would be they only control the rear derailleur.

Yes. I understand the synchro shift system as I have it running on my gravel bike. What I am telling you is that without upgrading your system to the new battery, junction a, and shifters I don't know what the sw9160 will do in your old system. I speculate it will only control shooting on the rear derailleur.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally starting a process of converting my S5 to TT - need fit help! [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New video/position below. I've raised the saddle up (~10-15mm) and angled it slightly down (-5deg), dropped pads -10mm and widened them slightly.

I've been roped into a relay race this weekend so it will have to do for now. Still waiting on a variety of stems to arrive. Right now I'm on a -6 120mm stem. I think something shorter ~90mm with -17 should bring me tighter?

I'm also going to try angle the bars up 5-10deg
Quote Reply
Re: Finally starting a process of converting my S5 to TT - need fit help! [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
myself wrote:
I think you need a different saddle that allows you to ride steeper and orient your hips a bit better and then increase your armpad reach
Quote Reply
Re: Finally starting a process of converting my S5 to TT - need fit help! [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last post I promise! I've an adamo saddle on route to me via a very kind STer.

In the meantime I tried two new stems, a -8deg 90mm and a -6deg 80mm. I was on a -6deg 120mm stem so either will bring my arms in a bit.

Hopefully with the adamo I will be in a good spot.

-8deg 90mm

-6deg 80mm

Last edited by: RonanIRL: Jun 7, 17 14:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think that looks worse, and will look much worse once you get the ISM and sit on it correctly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with jkhayc. That looks bad and will get worse when you put on an ISM saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally starting a process of converting my S5 to TT - need fit help! [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, anything in particular?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you've made your cockpit way too short. you are hunched, holding tension basically everywhere. you need MORE reach, not less. in short, you look really uncomfortable and that positions is not likely to be sustainable, it's not aero, and it's probably not that comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your knees are almost touching your elbows and your shoulders look very tense.
Quote Reply

Prev Next