Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Bluetooth Headphonez [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for the link. I was loving my AirPods for the week before I got the silicone hooks, but they are now perfect.

They really do just disappear and I use the hooks on my bike commute (only in my right ear). My biggest concern about the AirPods was that I would lose one riding through SF, but those things are rock solid.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bluetooth Headphonez [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recommend the Trekz Titanium. The volume gets loud enough that it will cancel out ambient noise while still allowing your ear canals to stay open. Sound quality is not a great as an inner ear bud but it is pretty solid.

Love these for walking, running, and biking.

http://www.abbeybiketools.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bluetooth Headphonez [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the powerbeats for a little while last year. Sweat killed them in about a month. Customer service wouldn't help me..

Now have a set of Jaybird Freedom earbuds.. love them. I snug them up behind my head with the provided cable clips and they stay in place well with the memory foam inserts... They're pricey but great if you're active.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bluetooth Headphonez [JShipman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on the Trekz Titanium from Aftershokz. Simply fantastic for music and phone calls while running and on the bike. Living in Cali, its easy to have EVs sneak up on you so it's critical to be able to hear tire hum coming from cars and I don't have any issue when they are at a reasonable volume.

Also, as a heavy sweater I was burning through BT headset at a rapid pace. That includes the very first version of the "bluez" from Aftershokz.

After several thousand miles between running and cycling the Gen 2 and beyond of these products have held up. The Titaniums are simply the best fit/feel for running and fitting with a helmet (over the ear strap, not under it)

Other things to know:
-I currently use them with iPhone 6s + Spotify and with the phone in center rear jersey pocket I occasionally get temporary drop out on audio. IMHO that's to be expected with the body between the phone and headset with it so close to a helmet. I never have drop outs while running. I'm cautiously optimistic that the "mighty audio" kickstarter will let me move the music up to my collar and stop 100% of the dropouts.
-they can be paired to multiple BT devices simultaneously. I use this on the treadmill to pair my iPad for movies/tv and I can still take calls on my phone from the headset. Movie gets paused automatically while on the phone.
-This company has been fantastic to me. I had issues with the Gen 1 units several years ago. As a heavy sweater I killed several of them. They replaced them and then when Gen 2 (bluez2) came out they started replacing with the Gen 2....and the issue went away. I love a company that takes care of its customers.

-Rekabdot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's only to listen to music, I highly recommend a Sony Walkman. It's not BT, it's a standalone walkman/headphone piece. Sound is nice (not hi-fi by any means though), sweatproof, waterproof if you change the ear pieces (included) for swims (although I'm not sold on music while I swim) and they allow me to leave the damn phone at home while I run. Plus battery life is pretty good at 6h or so, more than any BT headphones I own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Jaybirds X3
The fit perfect, and are very comfy. They keep the sweat out, and the have that 'hook' fitting system so they always remain in the ear.

My only gripe is the battery - it drains very quickly. Think they only really last around 4, maybe 5 hours or so, if i'm honest. But saying that, they charge to 100% within 15-20.
Quote Reply

Prev Next