Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Helmet Questions [TriathleteWes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
> 5% < 10%

You're being really generous on the high side based on the subset of all my data I looked at.

I'll give you another hint but I already think you should show up at 0730 when the movers get here :-)

>2%<6.5%

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Helmet Questions [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
^As above, the Rudy's don't generally test "great." (That doesn't mean they don't test great on you however... just in general.) That said, the Air Attack is likely nowhere on par even with a poor performing dedicated aero lid. (The Giro usually tests toward the low end of "aero" road helmets, although again, ymmv)

tldr; There is probably some speed to be picked up by wearing a Rudy over the Air Attack.

What would be a good representation of someone who's the wingspan is right for. Does anyone have photos of a good position for the wingspan?
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet Questions [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best position for a Rudy helmet:

Quote Reply
Re: Helmet Questions [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks coach
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet Questions [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helmets are strange, the aero eyeball doesn't hold a lot of weight (in my experience) with them.
In my own case years ago the Wingspan tested better than things like the Javelin and A2... they all fit pretty well against my back. Later helmets (Spec TT) tested better for me, and my last trip to the tunnel the Aerohead came out best.

I was working with another athlete who had a Wing57 and I suggested trying some other helmets because the 57 is usually not so great. We ran them through aerolab a few times and the 57 was decidedly faster for them than the Aerohead and the A2, I was surprised enough that we re-did the tests another day... all of them fit the athlete pretty well imo. I would have guessed it would have been the slowest, but that's what guessing is good for. Even if the other helmets are better 9/10 times it doesn't mean it's better for YOU, and I have come to the conclusion you have 3 ways to pick a helmet. 1.) Field Test 2.) Play the odds 3.) Guess/pick the one you think looks coolest and tell yourself it's best.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet Questions [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
Helmets are strange, the aero eyeball doesn't hold a lot of weight (in my experience) with them.
In my own case years ago the Wingspan tested better than things like the Javelin and A2... they all fit pretty well against my back. Later helmets (Spec TT) tested better for me, and my last trip to the tunnel the Aerohead came out best.

I was working with another athlete who had a Wing57 and I suggested trying some other helmets because the 57 is usually not so great. We ran them through aerolab a few times and the 57 was decidedly faster for them than the Aerohead and the A2, I was surprised enough that we re-did the tests another day... all of them fit the athlete pretty well imo. I would have guessed it would have been the slowest, but that's what guessing is good for. Even if the other helmets are better 9/10 times it doesn't mean it's better for YOU, and I have come to the conclusion you have 3 ways to pick a helmet. 1.) Field Test 2.) Play the odds 3.) Guess/pick the one you think looks coolest and tell yourself it's best.

Would still like to see how certain helmets are supposed to for the best results. I.E. the Rudy project.( What I have). Head up? Down?. I tend to ride head down.
Quote Reply

Prev Next