Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What to wear for IM [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use what you've already got or buy the right gear for the job.
It makes no sense to change clothes during the race unnecessarily unless you specifically want to.
If you're not happy with what you've already got, get tri shorts and a separate top.
Quote Reply
Re: What to wear for IM [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Am I the only one that can pull a tri suit leg up to pee?

I've done one and two piece and have found that it makes very little difference. Two piece is a bit more convenient.

Of the things that will make you uncomfortable 130 miles into an IM, what you're wearing is pretty far down the list.

First of all hats off to your lady friends... I tried that since right before my ride I had to pee. It just wasn't happening.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:

First of all hats off to your lady friends... I tried that since right before my ride I had to pee. It just wasn't happening.

I'll be the first to admit, I have to pull it waaaay up.
Quote Reply
Re: What to wear for IM [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did IMMT as my first full last year and wore a kiwami spider ld aero and had no issues. I plan on wearing the same thing this year. I am nowhere near a kona qualifier so a bathroom stop wont make or break my day. My main thought with picking the suit was being comfortable in it all day.
Quote Reply
Re: What to wear for IM [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
It makes no sense to change clothes during the race unnecessarily unless you specifically want to.

So, it does make sense........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is exactly why I want to make sure what I am wearing works well because I have other things to worry about on race day. Why add to the list before even hitting the start line?
Quote Reply
Re: What to wear for IM [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
This is exactly why I want to make sure what I am wearing works well because I have other things to worry about on race day. Why add to the list before even hitting the start line?

I guess my point is it doesn't make much difference, anything works well. I've done 17 IMs and other than the one where it was cold and raining, I've never second guessed what I wore. Your going to get different opinions because of personal preference but if you find something you like and train in it a little, it will be a non-issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cowboy hat for the run is a must! You look like a badass and are shielded from the sun on your head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are other toilet stops that aren't helped by pulling your short leg up!
Quote Reply
Re: What to wear for IM [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
As a BOP I do a full change in T1 and T2. I am out there a long time so comfort is important.

One thing to consider is sun protection. If the IM you are doing is hot and you are going to be out there for 10+ hours a top with sleeves and longer shorts provides sun protection. I race in the heat of Australia. I wear calf compression sleeves and arm coolers for sun protection.

Sun protection and heat management is no small thing to me either - also racing in Australia. I use a one-piece with an aero cycling jersey over the top. Works fine under a wetsuit and the sleeves + longer legs eliminate sunburn on shoulders/thighs. Plus, the jersey is apparently faster too....
Can take the jersey off while running if I feel hot/claustrophobic - but it is almost weightless and has a front zip so its pretty cool to run in.
Never unzip to pee - just lift the leg. Quick & simple.
Quote Reply
Re: What to wear for IM [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NUFCrichard wrote:
There are other toilet stops that aren't helped by pulling your short leg up!

Almost 20 years in the sport and I've never had to make one of those stops. I'm lucky enough that I can always take care of that in the morning.
Quote Reply

Prev Next