Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Cool - thanks! Any idea on 2021?

I don't believe the request for bids is out for 2021 yet, but here's one venue that plans to bid on it. Abu Dhabi is NOT calling to me. :)

Monday, Jan 09, 2017
Abu Dhabi: The iconic Yas Island will be the new home for the ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi for 2017. The showpiece event in UAE’s sporting calendar is switching base from Corniche with an eye on hosting the 2021 ITU Triathlon Grand Finals.
The capital is set to place the bid for the prestigious event and Yas Island fulfils all the needed criteria to host the mega event. This was announced by Khalid Al Qubaisi, Abu Dhabi Sports Council’s spokesperson after revealing the new course around the Yas Marina Circuit.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [smoothoperator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smoothoperator wrote:
Cleveland for sure. I have it straight from the horse's mouth, the race director. Cleveland starting in 2018 for three years.
"Cleveland rocks," so says Drew Carey.

Will it stay in the late August timeframe?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thank you. I might take a shot at Cleveland next year if the timing for Lausanne doesn't conflict with other plans.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
I figured Chicago would be my only worlds, but my wife would definitely agree to a vacation in Lausanne!

Lausanne in 2006 was the best tri I've ever done in terms of organization, routes, etc.. can definitely recommend the experience.
It is an expensive town/country though..
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [FrankP107] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Three clues posted. All three clearly point to Cleveland.

Here comes the real question. If we were to do a regional champs race this year on July 15th would that qualify for this year's or next years nats?

USAT site is utterly inconsistent on this. Says races up to 8 days prior to nats. It also says cut off is August 1st which is 12 days. Site is also supposed to show * next to this year's races that are next year's qualifier but none of the races have an asterisk, this despite some of them clearly scheduled for after the nats. Site also says the 2018 nats qualification begins 14 months before the event, which is about mid June this year. Site also says the registration will close when the nats race is full. Would the qualified athletes be SOL at that point, or would we qualify for next years? Is that what the 14 months is all about?

Their site says plenty, and yet so little.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Three clues posted. All three clearly point to Cleveland.

Here comes the real question. If we were to do a regional champs race this year on July 15th would that qualify for this year's or next years nats?

USAT site is utterly inconsistent on this. Says races up to 8 days prior to nats. It also says cut off is August 1st which is 12 days. Site is also supposed to show * next to this year's races that are next year's qualifier but none of the races have an asterisk, this despite some of them clearly scheduled for after the nats. Site also says the 2018 nats qualification begins 14 months before the event, which is about mid June this year. Site also says the registration will close when the nats race is full. Would the qualified athletes be SOL at that point, or would we qualify for next years? Is that what the 14 months is all about?

Their site says plenty, and yet so little.

Cleveland is official: https://twitter.com/...s/852261258892111872

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know when Sprint and Oly worlds generally take place? Like month or time of year?

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [LundyLund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some more info here http://www.triathlonbusiness.com/...oup-national-champs/

Swim in edgewater beach park, no other course details at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally they seem to be early September, I believe.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals 2018 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Not Boston

I've repeatedly asked both Ironman and USAT to bring a race to Boston. I usually get "You have Placid...." THAT'S NO WHERE NEAR BOSTON!

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply

Prev Next