Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Caffeine could be headed to World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance list [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man this is crazy as I've definitely ingested tons of caffeine on IM runs and don't even talk to me about my ultras, where I've put back enough Rockstar(think 4 plus cans at 240mg a pop) to keep me going.

Is it such an unfair advantage? Is this going too far?
Quote Reply
Re: Caffeine could be headed to World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance list [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL! Thanks Steve for the morning laugh. Old guys can't live without caffeine. ;-) I don't even get out of bed without a cup.

Brandes wrote:
Gary, can you send me your email? Going to CC you on this email to USADA titled, "Geiger's Rapid Improvements, Concerned"

ggeiger wrote:
sch340 wrote:
I'll save everyone a click:

"Without more research, WADA can’t predict what its threshold might be. Nor does the agency want to predict whether it’s likely caffeine will wind up back on the prohibited list at this point, but it appears, whatever happens, it’s likely Diaw and others won’t have to give up their pregame rituals.

The old threshold from when caffeine was previously on the prohibited list was 12 micrograms per milliliter, which amounts to about “four Starbucks lattes” ingested within a couple of hours, according to Men’s Health."

Thanks. Good synopsis. Long way from reality but I can see a few things they should consider first.....(ahem! Salazar.....)
Quote Reply
Re: Caffeine could be headed to World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance list [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team Sky are probably working on the TUE process already.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Caffeine could be headed to World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance list [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The old threshold from when caffeine was previously on the prohibited list was 12 micrograms per milliliter, which amounts to about “four Starbucks lattes” ingested within a couple of hours, according to Men’s Health."

---------

Well thats worrisome. 15-20 caffeinated powergels at 25mg per gel in an Ironman(at least)....i cant even begin with my arts degree to calculate wtf that equals in micrograms per milliter.....but i sure cant sleep after the race....and 4 lattes dont really phase me all that much!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Caffeine could be headed to World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance list [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
Doesn't the handle on the cup stop it from being used as a suppository?

Amateurs. HTFU or go to the espresso cups.
Quote Reply
Re: Caffeine could be headed to World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance list [Arlington] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please tell me this is some kind of poorly timed April Fools joke...

Slainte!
-Sea Dog Sends
Quote Reply
Re: Caffeine could be headed to World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance list [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:

---------

Well thats worrisome. 15-20 caffeinated powergels at 25mg per gel in an Ironman(at least)....i cant even begin with my arts degree to calculate wtf that equals in micrograms per milliter.....but i sure cant sleep after the race....and 4 lattes dont really phase me all that much!

from a starbucks web page

Unless these contain chocolate or extra coffee, their caffeine levels are:
  • Short or Tall - 75 mg
  • Grande or Venti - 150 mg

you might be in trouble, although it is over the entire race not a couple of hours so I assume that might save you.
Quote Reply
Re: Caffeine could be headed to World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substance list [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is just shit-stirring by a senior Russian.

Ignore it.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply

Prev Next