Prev Next
Re: Yoga for Sports [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for voting for me Shannon.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga for Sports [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We love you BottomFeeder, especially in those speedos.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Ma'am. I aim to please.

I hope we have an opportunity to do some yoga together in the future. I would like that very much.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't mention it :)

Shannon

Quote Reply
Re: Yoga for Sports [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
after tearing up my knee, i was told by my physical therapist to do a lot of stretching. i started going to yoga, where i went from being by far the most inflexible person there to one of the more flexible people ... not quite up there with the dancer chicks, but certainly the most flexible guy. it also strengthened my core and improved my balance.

n.b., i do "power yoga", not much meditation but lots of core-activating postures.

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga for Sports [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thank you Ma'am. I aim to please.

I hope we have an opportunity to do some yoga together in the future. I would like that very much.

Well we are hoping to do a disney trip May 20-28. If we end up getting down there we will need a mid-week break from the parks. I am sure you could point us the direction of some good yoga classes down there. It would be great to get together.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. O-town is not exactly the hot-spot for yoga (yet), but you can find excellent classes here.

Another thing I have done in the past is to gather a few friends to go down to a fishing dock near sunset and do yoga-off. Sort of like a cook-off, but for yoga. Everybody takes turns leading a series of poses. Not a bad way to spend a few hours amongst friends.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Shannon! Maybe it's a typo on their website!! As Vinyasa was the closest I could come as well!! :)

Thanks so much for your insight!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga for Sports [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I was practicing this morning, I came to the realization that I needed to clarify something for those who skip the "laying around on the floor relaxing" part at the end of class. This is an actual posture in yoga. It's called savasana or corpse pose. It is considered one of the most difficult postures because not only are you working to still the body, but also the mind as well. There is a specific way to come in to the posture (from alignment) as well. The benefits of the posture will calm and balance all body systems. It is also good for those with high blood pressure. However, those with depression or lethargy should begin with brief periods of practice. This would be similar to your recovery period. So next time you want to skip savasana, ask yourself if you would skip your recovery process after a race?

Shannon

Quote Reply

Prev Next