Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ike, you miss the point. I don't think you are an ass like others have said. I just think your perspective is a bit cloudy. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines have NO say in where they fight and who they fight. They go where the politicians point them. If you do not agree with the war, fine. But whether or not we go to war is decided by the American people through their politicians, not the soldiers. They simply obey. This is the way it should be and hopefully will always be in this country. You cannot give the power to those who have the guns, or you end up with a military dictatorship. We in the military do not have the luxury of an opinion on the war. We are too busy doing our duty. The honorable thing they do is that when America decides that some of our people have to die in a fight, they step up and volunteer. That is honorable. This holiday is not about honoring war, it is about honoring sacrifice. How I feel about the war is irrelevant, I WILL simply do my duty. Period...

LCDR Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Veterans do not serve themselves, they serve civilians like you and I. They serve under the civilian leadership of this country. When they take the oath to serve our country, they accept "My Country, Right or Wrong."

Veterans do not have the luxury of questioning how and why the civilian leadership of this country sends them away to fight wars. They just go and do it. They make the commitment to serve 4, 6, 10, or 20 years and during that time they give up a significant amount of personal freedom that they used to enjoy when they were civilians like you and I.

Veterans day is to honor the sacrifice that veterans make for their service to this country. Whether you agree with Iraq or not, they deserve your support.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, a big thanks to the vets, especially my father, US Army '45-'46 PTO.

Second, what Prevost said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, take it to the Lavendar Room.
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [dry heat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you......may you rest in peace......

Ralph Reid Ashmore

Frank Reid Ashmore

Roy Reid Ashmore

RCAF, WWII

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [Irongirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a vet, as are my father, my grandfather and two of my brothers. I really appreciate all the thanks for the sacrifices that veterans have made.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mahalo Nui Loa to all veterans and active military personal. You have my admiration, appreciation, and respect.

Last edited by: Football Mom: Nov 11, 05 8:53
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [GRR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you to my friends and family and the Slowtwitch family that are serving or have served.

To my father WW2 USMC 1942-1946

To my son - USMC 2001- Just returned from Iraq intact and in good spirits.

To Susanherself's son - USMC -second tour.

And to all the others that are in harm's way or support family or friends that serve.

Thank you,

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was at a NHL game last night and the whole arena gave five vets who were at the game a standing O. Clapped and cheered for 5minutes. Made me want to sing the national athnem again ;-)

We only have five living WWI vets left here in Canada. I hope we don't forget them and their sacrifices when they pass.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of WWI, here is an article I read yesterday that I thought was good.

http://www.heraldsun.com/...ional/30-666662.html

Thank you to all veterans from all wars/conflicts for your sacrifice!
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL...today is the celebration of the end of WWI...why are you saying 'speaking russian'??
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the heart, Thank you all veterans.
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with much of what you said, and it's nice to see someone who appreciates nuance. But, two points ought to be made.

First, you are right that a soldier, having signed up for the military, can't refuse to serve just because s/he doesn't like this particular war. However, soldiers can vote and they can express opinions about the war (as can their families). My understanding both from the press and from soldiers I know is that they overwhelmingly support this war. Indeed, they'd be coming home a lot sooner and lot safer if they had behaved differently in the political arena.

Second, anyone who signs up for the military has to know that, if they have to fight, it is overwhelmingly likely to be in a battle that concerns foreign policy, but not a threat to our freedoms. It's been 60 years since we fought a battle that directly threatened us. Since we got nukes, nearly all of the battles have been over foreign policy: Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Grenada, Kuwait, Iraq, Kovoso. Afghanistan might be an exception to that, especially if we catch Bin Laden.

That's it. I am done on this subject. Time to go outside and enjoy some of my freedoms. Thanks Dad (Navy, WWII).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just wanted to send out a quick thanks to all the veterans past and present! Your efforts and courage are greatly appreciated.

-scott t

Don't let just one day serve as the beacon for thanks. There are 364 other days vets could use just a simple 'thanks.' Visit the hospital wards of our U.S. VA hospitals, place a flower on the headstone of our fallen mighty; return the sincerity.

RIP Lance Corporal Chad Hilderbrand, New Mexico - 10/17/05 Iraq

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This deserves to at the top again...

Thank you.

Dave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you to all the men and women serving our country and who have served our country! All of you have my respect and appreciation. A special thanks to Granpa and Baba and also to Rich come home safe.

~Work hard and play harder:)!!!~
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [robertdi8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but isnt this OT and should be in the other room ? ...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I took it a little further than most would. I tend to take things to the extreme, hence the sport I choose to perform .

Quote | Reply
Actually, it is my mistake as spot told me...
I thought Nov 11 was celebrating the same thing in the US as it is in France (armistice, WWI)...however, I stand corrected...it's called veterans day in the US and is for ALL veterans...not only WWI...

my bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem I screw up all the time. You have to let me slide on one mistake now. I will tell you when I will cash in on it.

Quote | Reply
Thanking out veterans should never be considered off topic.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
LOL...today is the celebration of the end of WWI...why are you saying 'speaking russian'??
Priceless. Simply priceless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing we should remember...the sacrifice of France and her allies in WWI was something terrible to behold. Let us remember the brave French soldiers of WWI....in a single battle, Verdun (Feb 1916 to Dec 1916), the French suffered approximately 350,000 dead....almost as many as all US killed in action in WWII.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Thaks to all of you for remembering us.

Aloha,

Larry

US Army, Viet Nam Infantry, Tet Offensive

(another not so popular war)
Quote Reply

Prev Next