Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
THANK YOU.... VETERANS
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to send out a quick thanks to all the veterans past and present! Your efforts and courage are greatly appreciated.

-scott t
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [GRR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hear, hear. We wouldn't be able to enjoy all our freedoms that we take for grant in today's society. That you one and all, to those that gave their lives and the survivors too.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The sacrifices you and your families have made are greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
while it seems like it's just not enough for what they sacrificed ...THANK YOU!!!

k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your welcome.....thanks to all for posting!

Strangely enough, my initials are also GRR.

Spot, USAF

Quote | Reply
Absolutely!!!

If the whole country were like me, we'd all be speaking German now. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks indeed.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rest of the world needs to thank them also. If it wasnt for them everyone would be speaking Russian and farming for the The Kremlin

Quote | Reply
Thanks guys....and Happy Birthday to all of the Marines out there!!! Semper Fi...

LCDR Mike, USN
Quote Reply
Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or German.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What you said! And a little prayer to take care of the ones still there. Stay safe.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being in the military is not more intrinsically valuable than many other lines of work. Some battles were incredibly important to this country, others were stupid. Why are we afraid to draw that distinction? I'll gladly thank a WWII vet (like my dad). Why would I thank a veteran of the current Iraq war? If you agree with that war, fine. But, if you disagree with it, why would you honor those who support and perpetuate it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank-you to those heroes of WW2 who liberated the Netherlands and facilitated the freedom my family now enjoys in Canada.

Lest we forget !

Tri Hard !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this mean I get breakfast in bed and "something special" later?

I'd like to add my personal thanks and graditude to all who served in the various wars, conflicts, actions and skirmishes that our country has seen over the years. It is because of the selfless men and women who have stood between us and those who oppose us that we enjoy the freedoms and lifestyles that we are blessed with today. ...But then, ya'll already knew that, right?
  • 'Twitchers, Fall IN!
  • ATTEN-TION!
  • Dress Left, LEFT!
  • Ready, FRONT!
  • Present, ARMS!
  • Order, ARMS!
  • Hand, SALUTE!
  • Parade, REST!
  • At EASE!
  • Fall OUT!

• Quote Reply
    Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [ike] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    As a veteran I'd like to say "you're welcome".

Because of the military/gov't men and women of current and past, you have the freedom to voice this type of opinion without much recourse other than a loss of respect from many on this forum.
    Quote Reply
    Re: THANK YOU.... VETERANS [jarhead] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Yes, fighting WWII protected our freedoms and I'll gladly honor that and the people who fought that war. How does the current Iraq war protect my freedom of speech?
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Dude, your an ass. Whether or not you believe in the war, you should support and thank those who are giving their lives for our country.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply

"We make war that we may live in peace" - Aristotle

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy" - George Washington

"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain." - John Adams

Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    You're welcome.

I would also like to thank my brothers in arms. Especially all the falcons currently in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Soldiers in Iraq are not giving their lives for our country. Our country's future is not at stake in this war. Iraq was not behind 9/11. Saddam did not have WMDs. You can use phrases like "our freedom" and "our country" all you want. But, it's doesn't make it true.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I wanted to jump-in and say "Thank You" early in what will likely be a long thread thanks to some idiot named "Ike".

I am third generation military service and will be proud of my children should they choose to either continue or end the line.

My expressed thanks to all those who are still serving and yet to become verterans. As mentioned, they are the reasons for the continued and future freedom of so many.

----------------------------------------------------

Formally azclydesdale, back in Northeast Ohio.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Ike... you are an ass. Despite how you feel about Iraq, today is about honoring Veterans' sacrifice, not the politics behind it.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    When I first read your post I was pretty upset. Now that I have had a few minutes to reflect, I am glad you did it. You made a very important point and I think it is important for people to see that. There are lots of places in this world where you would be killed for voicing an opinion like this. I have seen it firsthand. The freedoms that are provided, in great part by the heroes that serve in the Armed Forces of the United States of America allow you to speak this way. Whether or not you acknowledge it, that is fact.

If you disagree with policies of the current administration, you have the privilege and freedom to show your opposition at the polls. Do it there.

They are playing taps as I write this at Arlington National Cemetery.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    From the Marxists in the house, too.

I'm agitated about politics, but grateful for veterans as a dad, student, and citizen.

Thank you for freedom and protection, especially to debate and contest.

Andrew Moss

Quote | Reply
    As the previous posters said... today is not about politics. It is about honoring the men and women who sleep in the dirt and sand. They are the ones that stand on the front lines, no matter where those front lines may be. They all took an oath to protect this nation, and with that comes an implicit oath to protect the freedom of the people of this country. Military veterans aren't just the soldiers that fought in wars. I have the utmost respect for any person that takes the oath to defend this country.

Thank you veterans.

- Nick
    Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
    Quote Reply

Prev Next