Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: insight on tri bike shopping [Rocklintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its killing me to hear all these prices everyone is picking up their p2s for. The prices everyone is posting is quite a bit to a whole lot lower than what they are listed for here. I'm trying my best to be patient to wait and see what happens. Im glad to hear you love the bike, I'm guessing you went with the all white color since you said you think you should have gotten the black one.
I agree I like the black color the best. But unless they come down in $ I don't have the budget for a np2.

Thats the million dollar question, what is my fit, and I have to wait another week to find out.
Agreed what fits best and what i like the look of are important. I won't be so happy with myself if I get a bike and I don't like the look of it, but its comfortable....kind of frustrating.

I also think you're right, np2 has many options and for simplified additions and future proofing.
Quote Reply
Re: insight on tri bike shopping [dcolv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcolv wrote:
Its killing me to hear all these prices everyone is picking up their p2s for. The prices everyone is posting is quite a bit to a whole lot lower than what they are listed for here. I'm trying my best to be patient to wait and see what happens. Im glad to hear you love the bike, I'm guessing you went with the all white color since you said you think you should have gotten the black one.
I agree I like the black color the best. But unless they come down in $ I don't have the budget for a np2.

Thats the million dollar question, what is my fit, and I have to wait another week to find out.
Agreed what fits best and what i like the look of are important. I won't be so happy with myself if I get a bike and I don't like the look of it, but its comfortable....kind of frustrating.

I also think you're right, np2 has many options and for simplified additions and future proofing.

I do have the white, I thought it looked really clean, and it really does. I think the problem with any tri bike is by the time you start adding on to it, power, wheels, it's very easy to approach 5-6k. Still pretty inexspensive compared to the super bikes now but 6k is still real money. I was fully considering used and I would have bought the blue and white p2 if someone posted it when I was looking. I looked at one used bike and it was a disaster so I bought the new p2.

If you can wait just a little bit, stick to a budget, I bet you find exactly what you are looking for.
Quote Reply
Re: insight on tri bike shopping [Rocklintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike, I like the black a little better just preference. White does look clean though. You're preaching right now, thats the truth. Agreed, a deal compared to a super bike, but not gonna happen.

I am looking pretty hard for a used np2 and have found a couple and keeping them in my back pocket for after the fit. One in particular happens to be brand new "never ridden" 2016 that unfortunately a career ending injury has forced the owner to sell. I am concerned about not having the warranty with this kind of investment. Likewise all the afore mentioned and other used bikes I have found are not local to me. I can't check them out before purchasing other than pictures.

I am willing to keep waiting and be patient, fit first and then hopefully find the right deal before the sales clear out. Trying my hardest to stick to my budget, but are not having the warranty on a used bike and not being able to check the bike out in person deal breakers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcolv, it reads like you're comfortable with your LBS. If so, in my humble experience, that's half the battle.
Also, fit is so important. There's no point getting a nice-looking bike and a few months later not riding it or having to sell it because it just doesn't "feel" right (or even worse, you're getting injured on it).
And just to throw another brand into the mix, you're not looking at Specialized. I've had a Shiv Elite for a year and it is awesome. But again, that was what my shop sold.
You're doing your due diligence. You should be fine.

"Find a way, not an excuse". Goony, Kona, 2009
Quote Reply
Re: insight on tri bike shopping [teaandstuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teaandstuff, you would be correct, I'm getting comfortable with the lbs. Im almost sold, the fit I have scheduled this Friday will have a final say in comfort level.
I appreciate the thoughts and experience.

I agree with your thought process, fit is one of the most important factors in purchasing. On top of what you said, buying a bike that doesn't fit is wasting money in my opinion and I don't like doing that.

I have kept my eyes open for a shop that carries specialized to try and get on everything for comparison to fitting on the other bikes. The lbs I chose for my fitting doesn't carry specialized unfortunately. Only cervelo, felt, and cannondale. Additionally, I haven't been able to find a specialized in my budget with comparable components to the other bikes :/ not trying to shoot you down. Just letting you know what I have to work with locally.

Thanks for the support. Trying to keep my head from spinning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry dcolv - only just saw your reply. How did you end up going?

Absolutely, you work with what is in front of you. If my lbs didn't stock Specialized, no doubt I would have ended up with something else - and loved that as well.

Quote Reply
Re: insight on tri bike shopping [teaandstuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries! Sorry for just getting back to you as well, school has been really busy with break coming up.

I ended up with a 2014 white/blue P2 54cm for 2200. I absolutely love it, I am very happy with the bike and after dealing with some numbness and saddle pain over december/jan (thought it was break in pains) I switched to an ISM saddle and the love is back and I can't wait for the weather to get nice!!

Thank you for all of your help and advice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If my memory serves me correctly, Chrissie won her first Hawaiian Ironman on a P2 ...

Great stuff.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... and there is no such thing as the "right saddle", only the right saddle FOR YOU, so well done on getting that sorted.

Quote Reply

Prev Next