Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [slimjim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride the women's Team Mobile road frame, I love it and wish I could have the T/T bike too!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and I ride Giant - both TCR Advanced and TCR TT Composite. Now I am 6' with a long torso but the inseam is on the short-side so I ride a large for both and wanted to mention that the effective top tube length for the TT frame is shorter than for the Advanced. As a result, although I think you would like the TT, I think you will find the combination of short head tube and top-tube to be hard to make fit for someone your height.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [stageracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a birds eye view on what went on when making decisions concerning the engineering of the Giant TT frame, I can unequivocally say that this is a thoroughbred TT machine. I stress TT. There are certain limitations on geometry that make the Giant a powerful bike for TT's. This does not include a steep seat angle. Many tri bikes would fail the UCI jig test on the start line, forcing their rider to walk the TT course. If you buy into the steep seat angle, making you a faster runner this is not your bike. If you want a TT bike that was designed for TT applications look no further. If you are a strong cyclist, in good shape, flexible, it doesn’t get much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I can only post one pic at a time. Pehaps the pics are too big.

What brake calipers are those?
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [Diablo-Advocato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The frameset not only includes frame, fork, headset, and proprietary seat post, it also includes a fancy set of all-carbon aero bars with long, mostly straight aero extensions as well as a pair of dual-pivot, carbon-wrapped, brakes (Tektro) which is what you see in that image.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Post deleted by slimjim [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also at 75 degrees in order to meet UCI regulations because although rare these days, on occasion, I still might compete in UCI sanctioned event with a time trial. I opted to use the Vision Tech Integrated Pro (alloy) bars with cut down aero extensions instead of the carbon bars that Giant supplied with the frameset so it tends to temper my perspective somewhat. You may be right about fitting taller riders as my concern is as much about the amount of drop in relation to the number of headset spacers required for a taller rider as it is for the effective top tube length.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been intrigued by the Giant TT recently so I was wondering how steep you can go. I know you start out at 75 but can you get to 78 easily?

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by slimjim [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh ok, cool. I'm just wondering because your bike is beautiful. Not sure if my wife would approve of the pink, but she never minded when Ulrich pranced around in it. Maybe if the price is right, I'll consider picking one up. Thanks for the info.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
email me. I might be interested in your bike.

kluoni@aol.com

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply

Prev Next