Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT
Quote | Reply
Any opinions out there on the pro's and con's of comapision for the TT Giant and Kuota??? Especially interested in anyone taller who rode the larger size of these bikes. I would ride the XL Kaliber and L Giant as I am 6'5, but I only weigh 175-180 range. have been on a 59cm PR7 QR for the last 4 seasons.

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [stageracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My road bike is the Giant TCR frame size L. I am "only" 6'2''. Obviously you need to be fitted first, but my gut feeling is that the L is too small for you. The Giant TT is more of a slack angle 74 degrees I think, while the Kuota is a little steeper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming fit is good on both, I'd choose the Giant. Giant has a great reputation and has learned a lot from their work with T-Mobile. They produce really top-shelf carbon frames. The Kuota is sexy, but I don't think they have the same reputation for quality as Giant. Giant's are really first rate bikes, where I haven't heard the same about Kuota. If Normann hadn't won in Kona on a Kuota, they would be a nothing brand, whereas Giant's reputation has been built on a long history of top performances in the TdF and elsewhere. I haven't ridden either of the bikes, but the Giant (either the TT or the new Trinity -- check out the Trinity if you haven't yet) would be on my short list.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the bike geeks on this chat and only 2 responses??? What gives???

Come one lurkers...

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's not about cervelo, so i think people don't care.

I'm affraid i can't help you either. i also ride cervelo. sorry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I would take a good look at the Kuota. But with your height I would be careful to pick an aerobar setup with some reasonable height (Syntace).

Also take a good look at GURU, they build in house, not China. And they offer custom headtube length and toptube length.

Tom Price @ Triumph Multisport

www.triumph-multisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [TomP_imc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But Giant is from China, and they DO build all their carbon in house!!

I own the Giant T-Mobile TT and the Giant TCR Composite. I ride a small in the TT bike and a medium on the road bike. I am btw 5'9 and 5'10. I don't know if the large would fit you or not, but I can comment on the bike. It is super responsive with a short wheel base and absorbs road shock very well. The seat angle list at 75, but you can make this bike pretty steep. The seat post has three hole in the top. The middle one is where they get the 75 degrees from. You can make it steeper than that or more slack. I have mine in the steep position with the seat slid all the way forward on its' rails. I don't know what angle I am at, but it is steep. With the Giant you will have a lot of post showing and in at in my case have to ride low in the front. This bike does not allow for a lot of spacers and in the size small is made to ride low. I am sure you can get a stem with some rise in it if that is a problem. I am very happy with this bike. I do not know about the Kaliber. Have you gone to the website to look at the geom. of both?
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If Normann hadn't won in Kona on a Kuota, they would be a nothing brand"

Yes, this is why I see tons of Kalibers at races and have never seen an Isaac Joule (the same bike with a matte finish) besides my own.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM Ukgearmuncher, he is 6'3" and has a L Kaliber and a L Giant TCR. I'm sure he could give you a considered opinion.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: JulianInEngland: Nov 10, 05 13:42
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
PM Ukgearmuncher, he is 6'3" and has a L Kaliber and a L Giant TCR. I'm sure he could give you a considered opinion.
Yep, and I'm working late so i can field this one. If you are that big it's going to depend on your femur. The ginat is stiff but being a compact you'll most of the flex through the seatpost (defeats the object of the exercise with your size). The kalibur is nice but the rear triangle flexs like hell with a disc in it. My advice is to see a fitter as the geometries (i.e. seat angle) and top tube length are very different. If you fit on both (and i suspect you won't) I'd opt for the Kalibur but you may have to consider something else. as I found out - the head tubes are very short.......
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't post it to me. post it to stageracer, he asked the question!!! Also, you might want to proof read it again before you post it! I'm doing an Elvis and leaving the building, see you Sunday in the car park.

Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm very tired now and still have a turbo set to do at midnight !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't that be 23:59?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a guess, but at 6'5", I think both bikes will be too small. As UKGearMuncher said, they've got short head tubes. If I were you, I'd go with something custom a la Litespeed Saber or Blade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing your experience. I should have included that my current ride; a QR PR7 has a 16 cm head tube with no spacers and a 59 tt. I checked the sizes of both the Giant and Kaliber...the Kuota XL has a 15cm head tube and a 57.5 tt. I can runa 1-2 cm longer stem no problem.

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Post deleted by slimjim [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: slimjim: Nov 10, 05 16:56
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [GasMunky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"But Giant is from China, and they DO build all their carbon in house!!"
------------------------------------------------
Giant is from TAIWAN, not China. Not the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [Mookie1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, I was in a hurry. Taiwan R.O.China. pretty close.

Pics???

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Last edited by: slimjim: Nov 11, 05 10:16
Re: Kuota Kaliber vs Giant TT [slimjim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I LOVE THAT BIKE!!!!!!!
Quote Reply