Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016 Cannondale Slice Thoughts [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
And it is not "all about the engine". Certainly, an exceptional engine can overcome equipment handicaps. But few are blessed with truly exceptional engines, and those who are will still be at a disadvantage competing against similarly gifted athletes on superior equipment.

Hilarious!

I guess if you cater to the champioons clientele only, you may get lucky.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale Slice Thoughts [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
trentnix wrote:

And it is not "all about the engine". Certainly, an exceptional engine can overcome equipment handicaps. But few are blessed with truly exceptional engines, and those who are will still be at a disadvantage competing against similarly gifted athletes on superior equipment.

Hilarious!

We cater to clientele that asks us to help them get great value for their money. The foremost reason (among many reasons) to buy a triathlon bike is to go faster. That's true whether you can ride 14 mph or 24 mph.

While not everyone is competing to win, many are competing with their friend, neighbor, or some athlete across town. Some compete explicitly with their own past performance. And when they make a bike purchase, they seek to pursue whatever advantages their budget allows. And its our opinion that there are superior options that allow that customer to go faster at similar price points.

You seem to disagree with my conclusion, and that's fine. You may even disagree with my premise. That's fine too.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Sep 22, 16 23:52
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale Slice Thoughts [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, not trying to be an ass (although I may sound like one).

But part of superior equipment is that it is aero, light, comfortable and fits well.....several of the options you favor only fulfill part of the list (as does the Cannondale).

So to make these blanket statements that only an aero bike that you happen to sell equals value for money is not credible and plain false.
I am sure you did not mean it, but your statements surely read that way. That is what I take issue with.

You can have the slipperiest bike and the rider will still have a horrible riding experience as he can't make it fit, it beats him/her up or it handles like a tricycle...he will actually go slower.

trentnix wrote:
windschatten wrote:
trentnix wrote:

Hilarious!

We cater to clientele that asks us to help them get great value for their money. The foremost reason (among many reasons) to buy a triathlon bike is to go faster. That's true whether you can ride 14 mph or 24 mph.

While not everyone is competing to win, many are competing with their friend, neighbor, or some athlete across town. Some compete explicitly with their own past performance. And when they make a bike purchase, they seek to pursue whatever advantages their budget allows. And its our opinion that there are superior options that allow that customer to go faster at similar price points.

You seem to disagree with my conclusion, and that's fine. You may even disagree with my premise. That's fine too.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale Slice Thoughts [] - confirmed new model? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a little tidbit on the Taylor Phinney interview today on Cyclingnews, regarding his change to Cannondale-Drapac for next year. No surprise that Cannondale is working on a new TT bike, but this seems to indicate that it will not unveiled until next year.

Article is HERE.

"Next year is also about the opening time trial in the Tour de France and working with Cannondale on a new TT bike. They’re set to upgrade the current one and I’m excited to be part of that."
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cannondale Slice Thoughts [] - confirmed new model? [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A replacement for the Slice RS and/or the regular Slice that is ridden by some big name male and female pros? One should expect something better than what currently exists.
Quote Reply

Prev Next