Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
Steelhead has GREAT roads when you compare them to Racine! The ride down M-63 from South Haven to Benton Harbor is fantastic. Z

Well yes, but that's not saying much. The worst road is the long leg headed East. Traffic and bad pavement make that the hardest section of the race, expecially after M-140. After that, it's not too bad. Yes The M-63 portion is awesome pavement. Nice wide shoulders for most of it. Rolling terrain with a lot of false flats. You guys need nicely get on MDOT or Whirlpool to fill the hole in front of their headquarters where they dug for a sewer or water line repair. I might e-mail their facilities people and ask if they can do anything. The course is really crowded at that point for the later waves. That's not far from where about where I took out a cone last year when we were 4 bikes wide and someone moved over on me.

I keeping my fingers crossed that the wave starts get more evenly disbursed this year. Muncie's looks fairly good, after a couple slower waves, you have some of the faster males waves right behind so they should work their way to clear roads off the front by mile 10-20 on the bike. I'm hoping Steelhead gets arranged similar.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [boyle_supremacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the heat that I've been seeing throughout, it wouldn't surprise me to see the water much warmer by race day. :( That should make the run quite fun.
Quote Reply

Prev Next