Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM 70.3 Muncie
Quote | Reply
Great News about the bike course was posted on the IM 70.3 Muncie Facebook page today! Race is still open and filling up fast! Sign up soon. Z
IRONMAN 70.3 Muncie
7 hrs ·
Great news...They just finished repaving Burlington Drive this morning! This was the worst part of the bike course. US35 was also repaved the week after the race last year so this year's course should be in the best shape its ever been!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is going to be my first time at Muncie so I guess I missed all the bike fun in previous years :)

Tomorrow is not promised. Increase the Peace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any recommendations on hotels? Looks like you are driving some to the race start on Saturday AM no matter where you stay?
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [cairodog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm staying in Gas City (Holiday Inn Express). Little farther than Anderson but better hotel options. A few years ago I stayed in Muncie but it was still a drive to the start, but last I looked it was all booked up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the race last year and it was tough to get there in the morning. The roads to the start line are narrow and really packed. Whatever time you think you need to get there, add a half hour to your travel time so you're not rushed. With that said, I really liked this race even with the crummy roads which have since been fixed. You'll have a blast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The year I did it we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Andersen, IN. ~35 minute drive.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [Blmgtnbkr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anderson really isn't much further than the bulk of the hotels in Muncie. 25 minutes from the other side of Muncie or 35 minutes from Anderson. Check Daleville as well. Anderson has always had availability. Parking is always a lil bit slow. When you have thousands of athletes who generally are in their own world, one road in/out, home owners trying to fill their front yards with cars, it makes for an interesting morning. Take out the mud fest we had last year and we've never had an issue, just expect a few more minutes than you think. I suggest arriving around 5:30am. Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But that was a prime location to collect water bottles and various bike parts that flew off!

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justarunner wrote:
But that was a prime location to collect water bottles and various bike parts that flew off!

Very True! Our bike guys came back after cleaning up the course last year with lots of bike bottles, CO2, tubes and Gel packs! We are looking forward to a much nicer road for the bike course this year!

(Now I have to get to work on the roads in Racine!) Z
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys! Good info!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YES! Please get them going on the road at Racine.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the best way to prepare is doing Muncie June 11 which is the ME Regional Champs with a Tri/Oly Aqb...! Punch your ticket to Natioanls in MUNCIE!

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, talk about timing! I was trying to find a second 70.3 this summer and decided on Muncie about 10 minutes before I signed into ST. Thanks for the heads up about the road as it was the only negative (outside of heat) that if heard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the roads at Steelhead?!?!?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steelhead has GREAT roads when you compare them to Racine! The ride down M-63 from South Haven to Benton Harbor is fantastic. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up for Steelhead yesterday!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just booked my hotel room in Anderson but they won't give me a checkout later than noon. Does anyone know if there are showers available to use at the race site? It seems like I read somewhere that they were. Worst case scenario I guess I can just jump in the reservoir, but I'd prefer to shower before driving 3-4 hours, if only for my wife's sanity and sense of smell!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toefuzz wrote:
I just booked my hotel room in Anderson but they won't give me a checkout later than noon. Does anyone know if there are showers available to use at the race site? It seems like I read somewhere that they were. Worst case scenario I guess I can just jump in the reservoir, but I'd prefer to shower before driving 3-4 hours, if only for my wife's sanity and sense of smell!

+1 on this question. Baby wipes are always fun though.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it a few years ago and while I don't recall showers, there was a shower like cool off set up that I stood under and cleaned up a bit. We hit the road soon after and I felt better and no one complained. Think I had baby wipes too to take off the stink.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fYes- we have a new bath house at the Reservoir with showers. Was a new addition last year. If its hot (which it more than likely will be), we will setup the "cooling showers" if you will and have the usual misting spots on the course. The park has done an amazing job over the last couple years making improvements and getting that park in great shape. See you in a few months. Brian - RD
Last edited by: endurathonrd: May 12, 16 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
fYes- we have a new bath house at the Reservoir with showers. Was a new addition last year. If its hot (which it more than likely will be), we will setup the "cooling showers" if you will and have the usual misting spots on the course. The park has done an amazing job over the last couple years making improvements and getting that park in great shape. See you in a few months. Brian - RD

The showers were such a welcome luxury last year. You guys do a great job with this race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone know what the water temp is? Wondering if I need to pack my wetsuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We'd like to welcome all to the Muncie area with opportunities to swim at the 50m outdoor pool in Muncie; Tuhey Pool.

Which has lanes in starting at 6am and all day till 7pm.

Also the Kids Triathlon is Sunday, July 10 Linked HERE

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Muncie [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what they posted on 6/22/16 on the Ironman Muncie 70.3 Facebook page:

Quote:
Quick update on the number one question these days... water temp! It's warm, upper 70's, and we don't expect that to change with the warm days and high humidity ahead. So what does that mean? That means you should bring a wetsuit if you want to wear one, but also be prepared to swim without one. In the last 20 years, with two exceptions, the water temp has been within a degree or so of 77 degrees. The official water temp will be taken race morning, as always. We will post on here and in transition when we know (should be around 5am). The temp of the Reservoir can and has changed quickly. If the winds pick up, it essentially "turns over" and can drop 4 degrees overnight, so anything is possible. We will not be updating water temp again until the race briefings unless something drastic changes. If we have a "wetsuit optional" swim (water temp between 76.2 and 83.8), and you choose to wear a wetsuit, you will start in a separate wave, after the last wave, not in your age group wave.

Right now they are calling for 90 degree temps leading up to 7/9, so it's unlikely that it'll be wetsuit legal, but definitely bring it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next