Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure man just gotta let him know. Some of us are cavemen including myself. When I used to wear jammers on a couple of occasions I was told my nuts were visible that fabric gets like cheese cloth.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my clubmates in the bike club turned up with some nice yellow shorts to match his TdF leaders jersey. (yeah - whatever).
All was well on the club run until the heavens opened. That really torrential rain that turns it into more like powerboating than cyling. Plumes of water off the back wheels.

His yellow shorts went completely see through.

We banished him to the back of the run. I think he was scaring the motorists back there.

He never did wear them again.

<shudder>
Quote Reply
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [cougie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Told a dude this morning. Super nice guy, one of the slower guys in our group.

His response: "That is why I ride in the back of the group, so you won't have to see it!"

lol

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
grosso27 wrote:
Yep. Same applies for the baked-in funky smell. If your shorts smell dank the second you heat them up, it's time for new.

Wash with bleach. Only needed once every few months maybe even once a year. I run two rinse cycles after using bleach though. That stuff is worse for us than the bacteria causing that smell.

Same goes with stinky shoes. Soak in a bucket of water with diluted bleach, rinse, rinse again, then dry the shoes as quickly as possible. The latter is the key to success. Just don't melt them like I melted Spesh Expert road.

Anyway..... does anyone remember Joanna Zeiger's story from Lake Stevens 70.3 a few years ago? "Dude I can see your crack"?

Easier than that: just add a cup of white vinegar to the wash. Works like a charm.

- Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like ST has one of its own Denizen's.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
Looks like ST has one of its own Denizen's.

I have self-administered a mesh drag suit with liner = it lasts forever and no accidental bag flash flip turns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had to tell my buddy recently that I don't mind getting up at the crack of dawn for a ride, I just don't want to be looking at the "crack of Don" while I'm doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
If it's a lady, obviously not. Sit back and enjoy.

When your ilk come out of the wood work, my memory always pops out a little gem of verbiage from that Tom Cruise movie Minority Report:

"You sick bastard! You're what makes this a terrible world to live in!"
Quote Reply
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
grosso27 wrote:
Yep. Same applies for the baked-in funky smell. If your shorts smell dank the second you heat them up, it's time for new.

Wash with bleach. Only needed once every few months maybe even once a year. I run two rinse cycles after using bleach though. That stuff is worse for us than the bacteria causing that smell.

Same goes with stinky shoes. Soak in a bucket of water with diluted bleach, rinse, rinse again, then dry the shoes as quickly as possible. The latter is the key to success. Just don't melt them like I melted Spesh Expert road.

Anyway..... does anyone remember Joanna Zeiger's story from Lake Stevens 70.3 a few years ago? "Dude I can see your crack"?

You're not supposed to wash elastic materials with bleach... Might as well throw them in the bin afterwards.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Do you tell a dude when it is time for him to retire a pair of cycling shorts??? [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
I've been told this before. It didn't offend me. It was more of a "hey dude, you're zipper is down" sort of thing. Slightly embarrassed but otherwise thankful someone said something. It is hard to know yourself when your crack shows through.

My take as well. Simple and direct... unless it is a buddy that I'm really familiar/comfortable with, in those cases, show no mercy and joke about it for years to come!
Quote Reply

Prev Next