Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We ran through that park 4 times. I was at the same park two years ago.

BTW - I spoke with an Ironman Europe employee on the way to the airport yesterday. They don't know which race will get selected for the 2018 WC but most of the employees are betting it will be Budapest. Announcement supposedly coming out the week of/after this year's 70.3 WC.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Jul 27, 16 16:41
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When is this announced?

As in the city that has it?

Thought it might be today.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would think. Should be any day within the next week.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

Didn't they announce 2017 worlds location this past May?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. It was shortly after 2015 Worlds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

Thanks

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm rooting for Budapest so I asked them. Got this reply today: "Dear Paul! We are hoping for it to be announced within a couple of weeks and we are also really excited and hoping to hear Budapest as the winner! Kind regards, IRONMAN 70.3 Budapest"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I'm rooting for Budapest so I asked them. Got this reply today: "Dear Paul! We are hoping for it to be announced within a couple of weeks and we are also really excited and hoping to hear Budapest as the winner! Kind regards, IRONMAN 70.3 Budapest"

What kind of a response is that? Is that a leak in favor of Budapest? Seems odd to show any favoritism at this point before a formal announcement. Budapest is my least attractive option due to current course profile. I hope the WC course profile is substantially different. Also the Danube swim cannot compare to swimming in the Mediterranean or in the Indian Ocean....both are pristine clear water. Run courses for all three will be very nice.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev - I didn't take it as a leak at all, just hopeful optimism. Regardless of your preference for Nice, think back to my post about balancing IM with family life. The wife wants to go to Budapest -- end of story! If Nice or PE get it, then I won't be trying to qualify.

Edit - to clarify, I didn't ask WTC, I asked the IM70.3 Budapest organization. But since all three candidates are under IM Europe, I can't say who was really behind the response!
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Sep 8, 16 5:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Nope. It was shortly after 2015 Worlds.

Chattanooga was announced on September 29th of last year

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

What kind of a response is that? Is that a leak in favor of Budapest? Seems odd to show any favoritism at this point before a formal announcement. Budapest is my least attractive option due to current course profile. I hope the WC course profile is substantially different. Also the Danube swim cannot compare to swimming in the Mediterranean or in the Indian Ocean....both are pristine clear water. Run courses for all three will be very nice.

Eh??? Favoritism? To whom? I'm just seeing a race director who hopes his race is selected for the WC to come to town. Anything beyond that is projection on your end imo (which makes sense given the fact you don't like the course). What do you think a response should have been?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Finalist Cities Announced [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I couldn't remember exactly, but that was fairly soon after Zell. I'm surprised they don't announce it at awards right after the current championship. E.g., everyone at Moolalooba the first to find out where it will be in 2018; everyone at Chatt awards the first to find out where it will be in 2019. They could drop the formal press release the next day.
Quote Reply

Prev Next