Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flo Order 25 [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is pretty great you guys notice which orders are coming in and can recognize Slow-twitcher's handles and put the two together.

I got my order in within 2 minutes of the sale going live as well. I just hope my 60mm Carbon Clinchers are coming to me on the first round of shipment. I have some races to win!

Thanks guys at FLO. I'm looking forward to my new wheels.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Order 25 [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone get the carbon clinchers yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Order 25 [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet. Mine shipped out yeaterday

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
Anyone get the carbon clinchers yet?

I just got my front Flo 90 CC.

Initial impressions are very positive. The unidirectional carbon looks great. Very solid and clean looking wheel. The hub, though simple and modest, looks fine. The wheel has every bit the appearance of quality of a Zipp or Enve wheel. The included pads and Silca extender are nice little touches. Along with the very nice tape. I hadn't known that not using the Flo-provided pads breaks the warranty until reading the lawyer-speak sticker. That doesn't bother me, though.

I have my Supersonic installed and will do some TT test rides on it this weekend.

The service from Flo was also nice. I'm one of those ones who responded to their offer of earlier shipping for people with upcoming races. My races is on the 21st, and sure enough I get my wheel with plenty of time to get it all settled in and get some practice rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got mine. 60/60 cc. A shout out to the guys at flo, as usual great customer service. I requested early ship due to upcoming race and they delivered.

One 50 mile ride so far. Excellent first impression. Maybe just me but sure felt stiffer that my 60/90 aluminum and training wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Order 25 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I hadn't known that not using the Flo-provided pads breaks the warranty until reading the lawyer-speak sticker.

I didn't get any of the carbon track wheels yet, but I find this to be curious. Does it say that you specifically have to use the FLO provided brake pads, or does it say you need to use pads that are specifically made for carbon brake tracks? If you have to use the FLO supplied pads, will they be providing a way to purchase extras for people with multiple bikes, or at least providing the brand make/model so people can purchase extras?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Order 25 [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't speak for them and too lazy to check to see if they're selling pads now but I would be shocked if you requested extra pads and they said no. From everything I have heard they have EXCELLENT customer service. So I would assume you could just ask for extras and they'd deliver.

The CC really have me intrigued but I don't NEED more wheels but I do love the Flo 60 I bought from someone last month!

Meathead wrote:
trail wrote:
I hadn't known that not using the Flo-provided pads breaks the warranty until reading the lawyer-speak sticker.

I didn't get any of the carbon track wheels yet, but I find this to be curious. Does it say that you specifically have to use the FLO provided brake pads, or does it say you need to use pads that are specifically made for carbon brake tracks? If you have to use the FLO supplied pads, will they be providing a way to purchase extras for people with multiple bikes, or at least providing the brand make/model so people can purchase extras?

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Order 25 [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meathead wrote:
trail wrote:

It says Flo pads specifically, and to contact Flo if you need more.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Order 25 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
I can't speak for them and too lazy to check to see if they're selling pads now but I would be shocked if you requested extra pads and they said no. From everything I have heard they have EXCELLENT customer service. So I would assume you could just ask for extras and they'd deliver.

The CC really have me intrigued but I don't NEED more wheels but I do love the Flo 60 I bought from someone last month!

Meathead wrote:
trail wrote:

We should have the extra pads up in our cart soon. They are on the container that is currently floating across the pond.

And yes, you have to use our pads to keep your warranty. Using any other pads will void your warranty.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Order 25 [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:
And yes, you have to use our pads to keep your warranty. Using any other pads will void your warranty.

I'm not a lawyer, but I thought that type of thing was prohibited via Magnuson-Moss. Can you elaborate on this a bit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/...%93Moss_Warranty_Act

Quote:
Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[7] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions,[8] and is frequently mentioned in the context of third-party computer parts, such as memory and hard drives.
Quote Reply

Prev Next