Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My Wildflower bike split goal [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found a power file from 2015. It was 2:45 but missed recording the first part by the lake so only recorded around 87km out of the official 88.5 km. I think actual split was 2:48 so in 2015 20 years later was already biking 10 min slower and my run was 1:48 (I believe) so I was running almost 20 min slower in 20 years.

https://connect.garmin.com/...n/activity/764022035

That was a tough course. My file says 1150m of vertical. And the pavement quality sucked and the wind was pretty crazy. File says my average was 206W and NP 220W and I was around 140 lbs for that race.
Quote Reply
Re: My Wildflower bike split goal [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,

That looks like the low water era Wildflower. At first looking at the file, I saw the Lynch Hill Climb right out of transition, but then I realized you exited the swim far away from the boat launch. Then I saw the bike didn't go all the way around the lake. Did you go down Nasty Grade then U turn and have to immediately climb back up it? No momentum at all going back up that hill!

Just looked up your results: 2nd in your age group! Great race!

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: My Wildflower bike split goal [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Manofthewoods won our age group that dayby around 8 minutes if I recall. It was a solid thrashing!!! He may remember details of the format, but from what I remember, the lake was bone dry at the traditional swim start + T1, so we swam at a spot 2 miles south then ran up the boat ramp there, got our running shoes, and ran 2 miles including a long stretch on the lake bed and actually emerged at the traditional T1 (it was cool running where we would normally swim). Then we got the bikes at T1 and did the exact bike course as normal years, finishing at T1/T2/Finish line location. The run then started exactly the same way as normal, but there was some part of the race that was cut down so that the "second run" was 11 miles (I think that was the case)
Quote Reply

Prev Next