Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Survival of the Mills [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner, so you ran1 and biked1 in the same top? took it off to swim and then put it back on? Or did you just wear the same top the whole time including the swim?

Im assuming it will be a bad idea to wear the top you swim in for the rest of the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [cell1122] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cell1122 wrote:
klehner, so you ran1 and biked1 in the same top? took it off to swim and then put it back on? Or did you just wear the same top the whole time including the swim?

Im assuming it will be a bad idea to wear the top you swim in for the rest of the race?

I wore my De Soto Liftfoil (one piece trisuit) the entire race, as I do for every race. Don't ever try to change a top in a race! The only change I made during the race was to put on my T1 wetsuit top for the swim.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhhhh got it.
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [ddixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm Du'ing it, registered today :-) I tried to recruit others, to no avail.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gonna be a beautiful morning for a race!
Anyone on the fence about signing up, you won't regret it, c'mon out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was a great race. Fun, challenging and different. Will be coming back next year.
Was worried a bit with the temp at first but mid way through the race, I was glad it was not that hot.
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [Butlera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it was a bit brisk at that the start but by the 2nd run the gloves were ditched and I was wishing I hadn't worn the long sleeve base layer!
Glad you enjoyed the race, spread the word let's make sure this great event can continue!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just signed up for this one last week. Really looking forward to this race to close out the season. Wasn't able to make it the last two years, but it looks like such a cool format. And I tend to do much better in cold weather, so not worried about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great race and I hope to make it back again this year. I may skip the TRI and try to give Dave a run for his money in the DU. Bike course is rolling and I thought the water was colder than 65 degrees two years ago (didn't wear a wetsuit). Wells Mills is a great place to race. Ross is good guy and a hell of a race director.
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [TJL3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJL3 wrote:
Just signed up for this one last week. Really looking forward to this race to close out the season. Wasn't able to make it the last two years, but it looks like such a cool format. And I tend to do much better in cold weather, so not worried about that.

You're gonna love it! Weather the past 2 years has been just about perfect, crisp at the start but warming up as the race goes on. Let's hope the streak continues!
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [Allen Lopez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allen Lopez wrote:
This is a great race and I hope to make it back again this year. I may skip the TRI and try to give Dave a run for his money in the DU. Bike course is rolling and I thought the water was colder than 65 degrees two years ago (didn't wear a wetsuit). Wells Mills is a great place to race. Ross is good guy and a hell of a race director.

x2

See you there Allen!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am beyond excited to come back for this year! Ive found myself rereading my own advice how to dress myself. I forgot how much thought I put into it two years ago.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This looks like a VERY cool race.

How does it do numbers-wise? I am curious.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you're gonna be back this year, should be another great race!
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
This looks like a VERY cool race.

How does it do numbers-wise? I am curious.

Steve you are correct, it is a very cool race!

In 2014 (1st year) there were 90 finishers in the tri and 38 in the du.
Last year was 80 finishers in the tri and 37 in the du.
Hopefully the numbers bump up a bit and Ross can keep putting this event on for many more seasons.

Anyone on the fence should definitely take the plunge and give it a go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take it back after NOAA just put together the 1400 data for Hurricane Matthew. While it looks like NJ should be mostly safe, pretty much every model has it pointing towards NC/VA, meaning I'll be working over the weekend instead of racing.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [Allen Lopez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am supper bummed I will not be able to make this race this year. Had such a great time last year. I agree that the atmosphere of this race is great and the race director did a fantastic job.

The swim posed a challenge last year, to wear a wetsuit or just suck it up. My wife chose the latter and said after the first minute or so it was OK. I chose the wetsuit option but rushed putting it on and so it wasn't on right and got huge amounts of water flushing into the suit the whole way. I think if your going to wear one, take the extra minute to make sure its pulled up enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Survival of the Mills [TJL3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been debating coming back. Just depends if I can knock the massive chip off my shoulder following the disappointment of my last race. This race was awesome. I assume race day registration is still a go?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4th Annual SOTM race is scheduled for Sunday September 24. Don't miss out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 5th Annual edition of the Survival of the Mills race is set for next Sunday, September 23. As of today there are only 59 people registered between both tri and du events.
Lets not let this incredibly fun and different race die on the vine. If you are anywhere near South Jersey you owe it to yourself to give this race a try (or du).
Info here
https://dqevents.com/...n/SurvivaloftheMills

Come on and sign up!
Quote Reply

Prev Next