Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fogging goggles [BriBri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just dunk mine in the water before I put them on. no fogging.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lick em, but the shampoo also works. When I played hockey in college a few of us used full face plastic shields instead of a cage mask. If you didn't put anything on the shield you had fog in about 2 min. Spray drops didn't work, but if you coated it with a bit of shampoo and wiped it off you were good to go for a whole game.

just my $.02

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: Fogging goggles [BenDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my god.. I thought you were totally joking! I'm thinkin', where do these people come up with this stuff? Cat Crap... I can't believe I've never heard of this! Thanks for the link.

gotta try that...

I've used the anti-fog drops, and they work. If I remember correctly, they only cost about as much as a packet of GU.

Before using the drops, I always spat in them, and it worked. However, it won't last as long as the drops. It should last long enough to get you through a 1500 meter swim, but probably not an entire workout. Of course, you can always spit in them again when they start to fog.

I've cleaned them out with soap and with Johnson's shampoo. (Clean and then buff dry.) Both work, but again, not as long as the drops in my experience (but longer than spit).

I haven't peed in them yet, as I save that for my wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey woman! I use defog for as long as possible and then I just get new ones. Life is so much better with new goggles, although sometimes you see things you wish you wouldn't see. Especially when people breast stroke kick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just French kiss your goggles. Make sure there is a lot of tongue and loogie. Rinse with pool water. Make sure a few drops of water stay in the goggles. Not so much water that it gets in your eyes, but enough that when you flip during a flip turn that the water clears up any new fog that has accumulated. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto, on the baby shampoo (scuba divers have been doing this for years). I carry a little travel-size bottle of Johnson's Baby Shampoo in my pool bag.n Just squirt a little on the inside of each lense, rub it around, and rinse it out. One application lasts about 3 swims for me.

Gary Clendenin (aka, "The Kid" or "G-man")
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Throw a ziplock bag with about a teaspoon of baby shampoo in it into your pool bag. Coat the inside of your lenses lightly, rinse and you are good. Also, wash the oil off of your skin, the oils contribute to the fogging. If it gets to bad, skip the pool workout because it sucks to get in the water, go to the coffeeshop with some friends and enjoy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our cat died--dog crap didn't work, so I just lick the insides and rinse in the pool, which invariably leaves a drop or two of water inside. No fog. And their the clear Caimans (or is ti Kaimans.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Fogging goggles [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangerous approach. if you're going to try licking the goggles - the key is to remember to wash the goggles after trying the cat/dog crap. That's something I'll never forgot - well, after the 3rd time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wash with windex then rinse very very very well, then use a little Johnsons baby shampoo works great. You have to wash the shampoo out after a few uses though or it starts to build up a film thats hard to clean off.

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fogging goggles [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now you tell me! But, those parasites did wonders for my race weight.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next