Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: French Media Sucks [empty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about - cause it is a joke and we are not serious...

Question - "whats for dinner"

Answer - "your momma"

Still funny after all these years...and no, no one has ever said that (that I know of) and been serious.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [cyclingfrenchie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey cyclingfrenchie,

What's up with the redneck-bashing? You may think I'm kidding ... and I am, but only partially. I live in rural South Carolina among "true" rednecks ... people who raise cattle and crops and work their asses off to feed the nation. They genuniely have red necks from spending all day in the hot sun in a field or on a tractor. And most of them I find to be far more intelligent than the typical city and suburban morons I grew up with who are all in debt to their eyeballs from their immature spending habits and lack of self-control. I've met more "millionairre next door" types down here who live humble, "redneck" lives. In contrast, I knew tons of millionairre wannabe types (living like millionairres, but on debt with no assets) in my years living in the larger urban areas and those morons are picking up the pieces of their shattered little lives every time the economy goes through it cycle.

So maybe while we're all being thin-skinned we should lay off the redneck bashing, too.

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I for one had the best vacation I have ever had on a 3-week trip to France, it changed my life"

So Dan, does that make you a candidate to be a Metrosexual Male? ....just kidding -:)

In a nutahell all this I hate you, and you hate me white, black, brown, red or yellow and why is it so? .. isn't it just in human nature that many people simply are biased against other people who are different from themselves?

Personally I like them any attractive model in any colour, the female gender of course, no need to be picky.
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [empty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a French-speaking American of French-Canadian ancestry, I'd like to offer all the American France-haters the golden opportunity to kiss my fractionally gallic ass. France is the only major European power with which the US has never been at war. It is the source of many of our democratic and ideological traditions, the donator of the Statue of Liberty and the ally that helped us repatriate the British. Anyone who has a problem with France can take it up with me, or better yet, crawl back to whatever unenlightened corner of the world your ancestors fled in favor of a nation that France fought to free from tyranny. (Ca suffit, Francois?)

Carrie
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How about - cause it is a joke and we are not serious...

A'ight I get it. I'm gettin' inflamed for notta. Stupid printed words. Everything gets taken outta context.

I guess we can all pick what we read and how we take it.

Interesting to draw parallels to this and that article about Lance from another thread tho... What evah.

---------------------------------------

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. Douglas Adams
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stanisits? you meant Stallinists I guess...?
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, Stan. I dont like Stan's. My uncle had a brother named Stan. He was the weird ass dirty one who was always making you feel weird. Turns out he was gay (not that there is anything wrong with that). One day about 5 years ago they found Stan dead (by scent from the neighbors house)...he had died (they never did find out why)...oh....and his cats ate part of his toe....weird.

True story...but I did at first mean Satan...Stan is just as freaky to me though...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heck, I'll join in, I love to hate the French. I also love to hate Canada. Do I really hate them? Nah. But its fun to order freedom fries and joke on mounties. Methinks that people today are too politically correct and too easily offended.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [mike hawk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So a quote from a French paper gets translated into a US paper and now all of the French are glad that Lance is gone? That's some crazy logic you got going on there.

Provided the quote is accurate, at least L'Equipe says it's the end of an era. Most US sports journalists would say "Who cares, isn't there some baseball on, oh and when does football (not the kind you play with your feet though) start?"
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [Tyrius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems hard for me to understand how we can get some much feed back from an article that nobody has seen!

As everywhere in the world, you can find in a newspaper different opinions.

As a French guy living in China (you can start the bashing now :) ) who lived in the US for 11 years and is married to an American women, this is what I can say :

- I know many Americans who do not like French.

- I know very few Americans who have been to France or who know French people who do not like French.

- the opposite is quite the same

It is hard for me to read in this post that one guy doesn't know why he hates French people but he hates them anyway!

I rather have someone hating me for a good reason that for no reason.

Otherwise, I enjoy this forum.

I love America and American.

I love Lance (best rider of the last 10 years) even if not Eddy M.

Lance brought cycling to a new level by using to the fullest what was available in science, equipment, nutrition and so on.

I do not think his record will be taken away from him in a long time.

I wish him a very good life on the French riviera and in Austin.

Cheers from China
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [ppkestrel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aren't the French supposed to be a nation of arrogant people?

I know for a fact that China people in general are the pits.
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [kangaroo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Kangaroo, do you happen to know any French person or have you been to France?
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Psycho, you definitely got a point here. Guess I was too tired about the anti-French flack to carefully choose my words. Mind you, I come from a partially "French redneck " back-ground, if this makes sense. I am not surrendering ;-) but I owe you an apology if you feel my post was directed at rural people (which it was not meant to be, but English is not my mother tongue, hence the margin for error...).

Pardon my French.
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No french riders in any of the key jerseys for any length of time"

Actually, the National champion was French, this year!
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [ppkestrel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a couple of French dudes, regretably never had the pleasure of getting intimate with any la femmes. The guys I know seem okay except one is incredibly hen pecked by his Asian wife who also likes to flirt and gives him no respect.

In fact she tried to rendezvous with one of my buddies an Optomologist. She rolled up to his clinic on the pretext of needing to get her eyes checked. I know cuz she told my GF who then told me. But my buddy never spilt the beans ie kiss and tell cuz I guess he's worried about what his fiance would have to say. Soap opera stuff huh?

Other than that what I know, it's all heresay that's why I'm asking. So is France a country made up largely of people with arrogant attitudes?
Last edited by: kangaroo: Jul 27, 05 2:09
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about Moncoutie who took out the break win stage on Bastille day? Now there was one happy Frenchie!
Last edited by: kangaroo: Jul 27, 05 2:20
Quote Reply
Re: French Media Sucks [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
it's interesting how it is ok to hate the french... people might agree or disagree, but it's ok to hate the french... as a whole... it's ok... if it was the pakistanis, or the afghans, or the iraquis, the asians, africans in general, it wouldn't be ok, but the french is ok... and why? Because they're "white"... "white" like "us"... if it was any other people, it could be seen as racist... but... they're "white"... like "us"...
Asscoach, that has to be the most nonsensical post that you've ever typed with your tiny little hands...
Quote Reply

Prev Next