Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT - my night [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude,

it was a joke

lighten up.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I am jaded. I'm a smart ass too. My shoulders are not double jointed so patting myself on the back is painful.
Quote Reply
Re: OT - my night [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"you didn't have to seek pats on the back for your effort"

I like to know that good deeds going on amonst us. It should serve to inspire us to give what we can, when we can. Sometimes we could all use a little reminder.....kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: OT - my night [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are levels of tzedakah--"good deeds" the highest being that which is anonymous, like when I got bar mitzvahed and someone donated to charity in my name but I never found out who it was. That person did not give charity to get thnaks in return, they gave charity because the deed in itself is what is good. It is still a "mitzvah" to hand a 20 to a homeless person in plain view of all, it is simply not as high a form of charity. Good deeds go on amongst us everyday. Go hand an apple to a homeless person and inspire yourself.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you have to be an ass? So its not your definition of the highest form of charity. Do you really think his motive for helping these people was to be able to post about it today? People here share their feeling on pretty much everything in life. What I gt out of the post was not so much the deed done, but the attitude of the woman and the lessons her son is learning in life. More a comment on society.

"Go hand an apple to a homeless person and inspire yourself. "

As far as my charity goes, I do what I can. This past weekend my 5 year old daughter and I held a lemonade stand to benefit pediatric cancer research. No, it wasn't ananymou8s, people were well aware of where their money was going. My daughter saw the story of a girl who died last year who started the lemonade stands and was inspired to do one herself. How about you do something charitable for me and try not to spread negativity where it is not needed....................kj

PS: Have a nice day.

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Whens the last time you saw a sick man in a wheelchair take off for vacation if he could not afford a wheel chair ramp?
I think that was sort of a comparison to you and television personality Ty Pennington who hosts the "Extreme Makeover - home edition" show. Sunday nights on ABC!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: OT - my night [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You completely misinterpreted my comments. And calling me names is not exactly necessary. I see that maybe he wasn't just looking for props for doing something charitable, but you just did it as well. Why is it that when we do something nice, we feel compelled to mention what we did. You alone know how good it feels to do something charible, let that be enough--that is selflessness and that is what charity is all about. We are not really disagreeing on the fact that charity is a good thing, its just what one expects in return--which should be nothing. I"m not a religious zealot or anything, this is just what I have learned and now believe. My comment on society is that when charitible organizations try to recruit us to help they constatnly tell us that "you will do good, and feel good for doing it." Now that is noble and more charity gets done because people get a good feelign from doing it, but I just wish we did charitible things for no other reason or motive. thanks for listening.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My point is there is more than enough negativity in the world, we don't need to create more ina positive situation. Your "hand an apple to a homeless person and inspire yourself" comment just plain pissed me off....kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that wasn't meant to be degrading or something. My point is to do little things, and let that be your own motivation--sorry if it sounded like I was being a smartass. I wouldn't want to add any negativity either--I just have issues with what I might percieve as selfishness. Real or imagined.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peace.....kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
da na na nana nana BATMAN!
Quote Reply

Prev Next