Re: I love Asics Running Shoes but... [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must be a heel spur....
Quote Reply
Re: I love Asics Running Shoes but... [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
Must be a heel spur....

Just weird shaped feet....been that way even when running in grade school. Never slowed me down, but I sure burn through thin dress socks.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: I love Asics Running Shoes but... [Chris Athey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris Athey wrote:
I've switched to brooks and couldn't be happier! Have a pair of glycerins with 1200 miles on them, still functional.

Glycerins last forever. Heavy-duty materials come with a weight cost though.

I'm all about PureFlows the last few years.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: I love Asics Running Shoes but... [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same problem with my 1 year old Asics Noosas. Heel lining on one shoe has ripped and now causes insane blisters so are unwearable. Very little mileage as I don't train in them, only race, so 10 x races in the last year, mix of sprints, 70.3s and ODs. Probably no more than 200km, which includes a couple of training runs when I first bought them. Has anyone had any luck returning them?
Quote Reply
Re: I love Asics Running Shoes but... [finsfree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to the OP but everyone in general.

Getting 800, 1000, 1200 miles out of a pair of shoes is exceptional but it's not the norm and I'd be willing to wager a bit of cash your injury risk goes up as well.

I get saving money, as my friend who is worth 8 figures tells me I'm the most value oriented person he knows. But I'm also not willing to run the injury risk.

On the flip side of this I typically get my shoes at cost + $5 or so which allows me to have a plethora of shoes (about 15 pair total actively being run in).

But if you're one of those going 1000 per shoe, ponder if injuries are worth squeezing out a bit more from your shoe, that's all I ask

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: I love Asics Running Shoes but... [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using the Asics DS Trainer for this year 100/100 run challenge. On my forth pair as the fricken panty hose material they use in the heal is total rubbish. The last pair only made it a week before both shoes wore through and I even ditched my cord locks so I can open the shoes up to not rub the heal when I take them off. Not really sure if putting some Physio tape on the last pair I have here in the box will help stop the hole from starting so soon. Pretty sure it won't be Asics I buy next time out as they have been like this for the last three models of this shoe without addressing the problem. Looks like they may be dropping the shoe from their lineup as a new model isn't on the web page...after 35 year in their shoes it kinda blows.
Quote Reply

Prev Next