Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Regenexx Stem Cell Transplant Treatment for Osteoarthritis [nr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
had stem cell (drawn from hip) and prp followup at emory university in fall of '13;
i doc said give it time to be effective if effective......

this was for arthritic knee not back. in addition i did as much as i could in terms of collagen intake and trying to reduce inflamation thru diet.....sorta low carb high protein although i fall off the wagon a good bit.

bottom line i was able to start running after about 11 mos and i have been taking it easy by only racing short events where i am most pleased with results and training. another key factor is improving body mechanics thru better alignment (mwod website a key contributor better mechanics).

you asked about it for back, and i asked my doctor back in '13 and he seemed reluctant to use on the back....but what i have found is thru better body mechanics and regular massage my back issues have been held at bay. in my case because i sat most of my professional career and then rode pretty aggressive aero my HIPS AND PSOAS were tight and neglected for most of my athletic life. tight hips screwed up my facet joints by pulling then out of alignment and i used to go to chiros for the fix....but it was temporary and hit or miss. in my case better running mechanics and mwod have prolonged by athletic career and my health is pretty good for 68.

if your hips are tight work on that although it does not happen overnite. google emory stem cell treatment for info and perhaps a video or two.

be glad to answer any additional questions.....good luck
Quote Reply

Prev Next