Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Giro - Discuss
Quote | Reply
So, judging by the GC after today's stage, it appears as though Di Luca is firmly in the driver's seat and that Andy Schleck could be poised to make a big leap onto the international stage if he holds up the last week. With Kid Cunego being 2:40 back and Simoni being 3:32 back, it's clear that the last week will be nothing but attack after attack from Lampre and Saunier Duval.

Bob

General classification after stage 13

1 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas 57.11.28
2 Marzio Bruseghin (Ita) Lampre - Fondital 0.55
3 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team CSC 1.57
4 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre - Fondital 2.40
5 Francisco Javier Vila Errandonea (Spa) Lampre - Fondita 2.44
6 David Arroyo Duran (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 2.51
7 Evgeni Petrov (Rus) Tinkoff Credit System 3.11
8 Gilberto Simoni (Ita) Saunier Duval - Prodir 3.32
9 Emanuele Sella (Ita) Ceramica Panaria - Navigare 3.52
10 Eddy Mazzoleni (Ita) Astana 3.53
11 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Liquigas 4.17
12 Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Acqua & Sapone - Caffe Mokambo 6.24
13 Riccardo Ricco (Ita) Saunier Duval - Prodir 6.54
14 Andrea Noe' (Ita) Liquigas 8.20
15 Paolo Savoldelli (Ita) Astana 9.29
16 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Ceramica Panaria - Navigare 10.23
17 Serguei Yakovlev (Kaz) Astana 10.53
18 Marco Pinotti (Ita) T-Mobile Team 12.07
19 Mario Aerts (Bel) Predictor - Lotto 12.42
Last edited by: Bobcatbob: May 25, 07 11:13
Quote Reply
Re: The Giro - Discuss [Bobcatbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to be able to comment on it, but the channel formerly known as OLN has only dedicated two crappy shows to the whole freaking Giro!!!! And what are they putting in it's place? Yachting. Yachting? WTF?!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Popovich DNS and first Disco rider 30 minutes back on GC. Does anyone know why Danielson is not riding?
Quote Reply
Re: The Giro - Discuss [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danielson was riding the Volta a Catalunya but came down with a virus or something so he went home to his house in Spain to get some rest and recover..

http://wardmoya.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will say that Di Luca is so thin that he looks skeletal. I wonder if he'll hold up till the end?

And looks like there've been some good racing so far!

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell of a race so far for Andy Schleck. He is a good time trialer too, or at least as good as several of the other heavy-hitter climbers. I think he could stick it out in a top 3 position if the team supports him for the GC spot.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think Liquigas is a good enough doping team to prevent De Luca from having at least one bad day. We'll see if The Kid and Gibo can captialize then.

By the way, is Marzio Bruseghin is the new José Gutierrez? Discuss....
Quote Reply
Re: The Giro - Discuss [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danielson is not riding, because he's on the shortlist for the Tour and will likely also race to win in the Vuelta (at least from what early season interviews/reports have been saying).

DiLuca looks strong as does Schleck, Zabriskie is showing well as well. The dark horse has to be Riccardo Ricco, he might go Ullrich to Simoni's Riis (without the dope maybe?)....

Thank god it's a close exciting race this year, with the shit hitting the fan on the whole Team Telekom admissions saga and the Floyd Landis Circus in California.

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply
Re: The Giro - Discuss [douglaswebster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

By the way, is Marzio Bruseghin is the new José Gutierrez? Discuss....
Nah. He's finished in the top 10 at the Giro before. Besides, he and a few others in the top 10(Vila, Arroyo, Sella) would be a bit further back if not for the time they gained in a large breakaway earlier in the race.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giro - Discuss [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably right, but his second ever win at 32 years of age while running 2nd at the Giro caught my eye.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giro - Discuss [douglaswebster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Di Luca having a bad day is the only way he loses. Remember that Basso was riding roughshot over the 2005 Giro when he got food posioning, or missed a round of doping, who knows, and lost 45 minutes on the Stelvio stage. HE then went on to win two more stages in the thing.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone belives in Discovery, these year? Giro its just the first one, 2 to go and they have no solutions for so many problems.

Te3 blog (in PT)
Quote Reply