Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wattage Vs. Run times for St. Anthonys and MIM [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah most of it is hills similar to the course in tuscaloosa. We have a lot of rolling hills in iowa not much thats actually flat where i bike.

Basically what i am getting from this is... I should be biking around where i was at for Nationals. I think i was smoked at SA. since nationals was the week before and i also did two other races at the beginning of april. Which would explain why i felt MIM bike was very easy for me even with a cramped up hamstring and that was because i was rested more then S.A.

Does that sound pretty good?

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: Wattage Vs. Run times for St. Anthonys and MIM [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I mentioned before -- you should test FTP on flats and while aero. That's where most of your tri-racing will be done.

If you are going to race with certain known metrics and want them to be reliable -- you need to freshen occassionally :-)

KP
Quote Reply
Re: Wattage Vs. Run times for St. Anthonys and MIM [Kevin P.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FTP was tested on a mostly flat course, on May 10th so it was very recent. At least that was when my TT was. it wasn't an actually FTP test but it should be pretty close.

Grant

Grant
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Last edited by: cyclonehockey21: May 24, 07 14:37
Quote Reply
Re: Wattage Vs. Run times for St. Anthonys and MIM [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like you are close and on the right track. I would freshen up and re-test and/or race. You were probably just a bit tired.

KP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just happy that 24ish is my easy pace now when i am rested the fastest i did last year was 23.5 at lifetime fitness and i was hammering like crazy that day.

Grant

Grant
Last edited by: cyclonehockey21: May 24, 07 15:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what I was thinking -- you are one fit dude.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha thanks its getting there. Its definitly a completely different beast then hockey is.

Grant

Grant
Quote Reply
Re: Wattage Vs. Run times for St. Anthonys and MIM [Dig It Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason,

I think you might be surprised. I see lots of people do between 95 - 100% of FTP on the Oly bike and still run very well. I'm one of them...

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And not only should you test in the manner described but most of your race-specific training should be done in the position and riding style (eg low VI) you plan on executing in your race. I'm not saying this is the case with you as I would obviously have no idea. However, I do see lots of people testing and training in positions in which they yield the highest power but it's not the position they use when racing. This is just one specific area where I believe triathlon and cycling are very different which makes some of AC's Seven Deadly Sins not so useful to guys like us, imho.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply

Prev Next