Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6th place male - Richard Freer - 4:23:06.

third place female at 10 mile run - Bianca Simpson - Age-group women #76 is just about to pass her - she would have started 5 min. behind as the first women went off 5 min. behind the pro wave!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carol wins at 4:39:30 - Andrea second in 4:43:09 - Andea had a flat on the bike.
Gabriela Loskotova - 3rd place in 4:45:33.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
frist agegroup male just finished #454 - first age-group women #76 - looks like she will be the third fastest women overall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Jerry announcing today?
Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope - I'm announcing - Jerry took the weekend off. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should have taken the weekend off too...you have a big one next weekend! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No rest for the wicked! This is easy - I have a second announce and a recognition mat at the finish line. Last week was old school in St. Croix - printed list on a big board. Just like Steve King in Canada! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be for the best you're staying overnight. They had to shut down the I-75/I-10 interchange because of wildfire smoke this morning. Maybe a better drive home manana.
Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
came through it yesterday -it was bad then - thanks for the heads up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff Cuddebeck - 49 years old - 6th fastes time OVERALL - beat all but three of the professionals. Jeff's wave went of #16 so he passed about 1,600 athletes during the swim, bike and run. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ceddeback = Cool, it's going to be fun watching the heat get turned up in the oldster categories over the next several years. Thanks for the updates!
Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to see what Cuddebeck does in Kona at 50 years old next year. He will not need a mirror on his helmet. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice mirror reference! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe Bonness will appriciate that reference. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've know a certain Mr. Taylor who would appreciate it as well... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted to say congrats to Big Zach! I just noticed the headline about his 3rd place at Gulfcoast on Litespeed's website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True story about Daniel Moss. His father lives in a subdivision with a friend of mine. This guy has qualified for Hawaii before and is a strong cyclist. He took Daniel up to the Gaps in North Georgia to cycle a few years back. They got to on particularly hard climb and my buddy told him "This climb usually takes me about 43 minutes when I am in good shape." 43 minutes is fast on that climb. Daniel left my buddy and climbed at his own pace. When my buddy got to the top in around 45-46 minutes, and was feeling pretty good about it, Daniel was waiting and says to him, "You were right! It took me exactly 33 minutes to do the climb."

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the second time in six some-odd months that Carole has held Fish off on the same course ... she's going to have a big ole target on her back next time she steps on the course. Victory couldn't have happened to a nicer person and coach than Carole. She works her rear off day in and day out ... that is why she is strong in the water and can run down her competitors after the bike.

That said, Carole was the first to point out to the crowd when presented with her award that she felt that Andrea would have run the race had she not flatted. She's a class act.
Quote Reply

Prev Next