Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
gulf coast triathlon update
Quote | Reply
Great morning in PCB for the 25 annual Gulf Coast Triathlon. I remember being here 25 years ago for the first race - less then 100 of us - Dave Scott beat me by about 2 hours!

The swim course was flat and wet suits were allowed - everyone (1700+) made the swim cut-off. Andrea Fisher and Jamie Cleveland lead the pro field out of the water - Pro were not allowed to wear wet suits.

1/2 way through the bike right now - will try to update the leaders when they come back to the transition.

Herbert is racing! Went off in the 7th or 8th wave - He looked very trim in his QR wetsuit.

Z
Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where is bigzach????? near the lead?

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BZ had Cobb look at his bike position last night, so hopefully no more 300 watt 23 mph rides. Hopefully his old grandpa legs will hold up for a fast run. He was able to run around 1:20 consistently last year on the Ruble runninig program, so hopefully it holds true this year.

Mat Steinmetz

51-SPEEDSHOP.com - instagram - @matsteinmetz - facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure - I'll let you know when they come by me into the transition. Leader is about 5 miles out right now. Z
Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [MStein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seriously???? cobb worked with him? i hope he didnt change anything the day before the race????? he should do it today after the race!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pro field includes

Men - Felipe Bastos, Michael Burst, Jamie Cleveland, Richard Freer, Peter Kotland, Simon Malo, Daniel Moss, Mike Neill, John Robertson, Zach Ruble

Women - Andrea Fisher, Rachel Joyce, Helen Libby, gabriela Loskotova, Carole Sharpless, Amy Simonetta and Biance Simpson.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, he helped him mostly on the front end of his set-up. He didn't change anything though. He said that Zach had a scoop effect going with his arms.

Recommendations...have bars level with extensions (so you are not cocking your wrist to reach the bars), Have hands close together, have pads in line with extensions (this way you elbows aren't super wide compared to your hand placement). That's all I can remember right now.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First three men into transition-

MIke neill - 2:38:31 -- Daniel Moss - 2:40:24 -- Zach Ruble - 2:44:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4th for men offthe bike - Jamie cleveland - 2;47;01 -- 5th - Peter Kotland - 2:50 :30, 6th - Richard Freer - 2:51:20, 7th - Simon Malo- 2:53:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a bet with Zach that he goes 4:05. If he runs good, I might win. He first predicted sub 4, but ended up going with 4:02.

Mat Steinmetz

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first two ladies off the bike - Andrea at 3:00:30 and Carol at 3:01:20.
Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [MStein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first place Mike neil as a good runner.... unless something wrong happen.... he wont be catch by anyone....

go bigzach!!!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
third woman off the bike - Bianca Simpson - 3:07:10, 4th - Rachel Joyce - 3:07 ;12, 5th -Helen Libby - 3:11:30 - 6th - Gabriela Lsokotova - 3:13 ;05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike 5 on the run - Neill is still in the lead - no idea of #2 - hope to find out a split soon. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
second must have pass by now?????????? can you tell bigzach to hurry up!!!!! GO BIGZACH>>>>>>GO MIKE!!!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at the finish line and an getting updates from the course - it seems that Zach is passing Daniel at mile 8 right now - will try to confirm that Zach has moved into second place. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm at the finish line and an getting updates from the course - it seems that Zach is passing Daniel at mile 8 right now - will try to confirm that Zach has moved into second place. Z

Mike looked like he was on BIG time. Jamie just giggled when I told him he was 5 down coming into t2.

Andrea looked great on the bike. Love the pink frame!

Beautiful day, cool right now with no wind. Sitting on my balcony watching the bike roll by....

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael - come on down to the finish line and bring me a cold beer (bud light in a bottle) when you come down. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mile 12 - Mike Neill is still in the lead - Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Z

No drinking on the Job. At least not till after 3:00pm.... Remember you have a long drive back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Daniel Moss is still in second place at mile 12 - Zach is in third - no change expected at the finish. Z
Quote Reply
Re: gulf coast triathlon update [trihead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awards at 6:00 PM - looks like I'll be spending the night.

Mike Neill just finished - 4:05:12 unofficial time -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second Place men - Daneil Moss - 4:07:54 - third place Zach Rubel - 4:09:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fouth place Male - Jamie Cleveland at 4:16 and change - Peter Kotland in 5th at 4:18:20

Women - Carole Sharpless is in first place at mile 10 - waiting to hear who is in second.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrea 3 min. down at mile 10.
Quote Reply

Prev Next