Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Peaks users...
Quote | Reply
What types of workouts do you use to really increase your TSS? Even when I feel like I went pretty hard, I can't seem to elevate the score....

Just curious....

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Peaks users... [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lower your threshold wattage setting, it will work wonders for your TSS.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second that make sure your threshold is truely right then go from there. i adjusted mine down after the race last night

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Peaks users... [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is possible that my threshold is too high after looking at the charts, reading Coggan's book, etc. However, I did the 20 minute TT minus 5% and my FTP should be correct....

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What types of workouts do you use to really increase your TSS? Even when I feel like I went pretty hard, I can't seem to elevate the score....

Just curious....
Mathematically, TSS = duration x intensity squared, but physiologically, there's a limit to just how intensely one can train (as well as partially psychological limit to just easily one can exercise and still be willing to call it training). So, if you want to rack up a high TSS (whether that's a worthy goal, at least in and of itself, is another question...), the solution is to ride for a long period of time.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Peaks users... [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not trying to up my TSS just for the sake of having a high number (well, part of me is, as I am knew to power training and would like to see what it "feels" like to really flog myself to have a baseline going forward). But some level of higher TSS is necessary to ensure that the proper amount of work is being done, no? Obviously, TSS can have cumulative impact as well as short term, so that is a consideration, but I would also think that some key workouts are going to have an elevated TSS for that particular day...

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
some level of higher TSS is necessary to ensure that the proper amount of work is being done, no?
Not only do I agree with you, WKO+ includes a way for quantifying this on a long term basis, and I've provided some rough guidelines for "how much is ENOUGH?" (is that treading too closely to "more is MORE^TM"? <g>).
Quote Reply