Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: sex survey [triguy42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luckily (or not, depending on how you look at it) she was a cheerleader in college, so she had more than enough excuses as to where/when it happened...BUT...it did put the brakes on her cheerleading days for a bit!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
[b]"Sex is overrated !!" [/b]

I'm so sorry for you![/reply]

maybe if it weren't on every channel on TV and the cover of every magazine (unlike triathlon) it would have some novelty. Being reminded of it less might increase its luster.

Partially-Hydrogenated
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [Veggie Terror] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
maybe if it weren't on every channel on TV and the cover of every magazine (unlike triathlon) it would have some novelty. Being reminded of it less might increase its luster.
Are you serious? How other people feel about, advertise, sell, etc. sex has a bearing on how you feel about it? That's kinda sad.

--------------------------------------------------------------
"A bucket...if you haven't puked in it you could be going harder."
- Lazy Ben
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [InsideTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You left out the most important question:
How has the QUALITY of your sex life been impacted by triathlon and training?
Improved........... X
Deteriorated.......
Neutral..............

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not qualified to fill in the survey.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [LWP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
[reply]
maybe if it weren't on every channel on TV and the cover of every magazine (unlike triathlon) it would have some novelty. Being reminded of it less might increase its luster.[/reply]
Are you serious? How other people feel about, advertise, sell, etc. sex has a bearing on how you feel about it? That's kinda sad.[/reply]

we're all affected by things that are in our face all the time, whether we admit it or not. Are you suggesting advertising doesn't work?

Partially-Hydrogenated
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [Mequonman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
"Sex is overrated !!"

I'm so sorry for you!
Please don't feel sorry for me, I'm very happy ! I have and will continue to prefer a long ride/brick combo on a beautiful morning to sex anyday of the week. Don't get me wrong I like women and sex, however women require too much maintenance, much more than my tri-bike requires. I would just like to have sex and be done with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shame - just when I switched to your magazine from the "other one" hoping it would be a little more serious and less fluffy with stupid crap, you post this. Go figure!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NamssoB,

I would encourage you to give this issue a chance. I believe you will be suprised how classy the presentation by our edit and photo staff will be. Below is a note from our editor, Sarah Toland.

"While sex has been exploited by advertising and the media to attract more customers and revenue, sex and relationships are natural components of all lifestyles, including multisport. The task of trying to balance training and personal relationships is the focus of many reader emails and complaints, and we feel the issue of sex in triathlon, by the nature of the sport's consuming time constraints and demands on the body and mind, needs to be addressed. We're sorry if the subject of sex makes some readers uncomfortable, but to ignore a crucial aspect in triathlon is doing both our subscribers and the sport a disservice."

Best in sport,
Lars

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's late and I'm going to bed so I won't take the survey but I learned through experience not to have sex or wine the night before a race. Two beers are OK (not 3 or more). Brushing your teeth is OK also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't think it comes down to sex or train; many of us are married, and older than 21 (which is about the age the survey seems geared towards)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be interested to see what you can glean from the survey since I honestly don't feel that it was structured very well. I think a good number of people on this forum wouldn't mind spending 3-5 minutes doing a well structured survey.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [r7950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how everyone tries to make sex and exercise quantitative instead of qualitative. I know some runners joke that sex is equal to a mile run. I say it all depends on the type of sex you have. I've PRed after having sex an hour before a race yet totally dogged morning intervals after my girlfriend didn't care what my training plan called for. If you have a big race, you're likely going to do better doing something (in moderation) that will relax you the night before. Sex, beer, guns, A-Team, whatever calms your nerves probably won't hurt...:)

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why would anyone need a poll about something so vitally critical?

and if it only takes 30 seconds :-)

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a friend in high school drop his PR in the 2 mile from 10:00 to 9:40 at the regional state meet (held at our high school). 15 minutes before the race he was with his girlfriend in the pole barn that was used to store the mats for the high jump.

Apparenly, getting relaxed right before a big race can also do the trick.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [Mequonman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poor.. poor Mequonman. No one's really taking the bait are they? But I did enjoy your posts. Very creative!
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I had a girlfriend once tear her ACL once....ouch "
- - To prevent this, stay away from positions numbered higher than 150...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply

Prev Next