Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: sex survey [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how so? is it too difficult to chose between a girl, and, a bike?

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [InsideTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
how so? is it too difficult to chose between a girl, and, a bike?

well, i am a girl who likes guys, so... the bike was an obvious choice! well, actually, a PR would be nice. ;-)

for example, the first question asks how often you have sex. the first answer is something like '0, i'm too busy training.' what about '0, i'm single?' or just zero with no need to explain? do you really want to know about the sexual habits of triathletes or are you just trying to find out how training negatively impacts the sex life of triathletes? your survey is definitely slanted towards the latter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a female, but I'm guessing your assumption that all triathlete's are male could be the issue. Maybe that's what Austin is pointing out.

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [rodio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm not a female, but I'm guessing your assumption that all triathlete's are male could be the issue. Maybe that's what Austin is pointing out.

That question doens't actually say 'girl,' it says something like which would you rather have:
-the partner of your dreams
-your dream bike
-a PR

Again, I think it kind of assumes that you are unhappy with your partner or that you care more about triathlon than sex. I'd probably respond that I'd like a PR if I already had a fantastic partner, but then I think that would be misinterrepted as 'I am more interested in my race goals than in sex' in the results.

Last edited by: austin79: Mar 30, 07 8:12
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in these instances, we are forcing participants to make a choice between sex and triathlon. unfortunately, there is no comment box or room for more choices like you mentioned.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [Mequonman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I have been with over 100 women and have had "great sex".

Wilt, is that you?

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Mar 30, 07 8:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if you posted under Camel Boy do you think you'd not get a response? ;)

You've got yourself a thread going now! :)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you were joking but there really is a sex survey.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, other than to lower your standards, but I guess like many magazines today, you will do whatever it takes to increase readership.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you spent all your time bring tea with honey to your poor lonely, bitter wife.
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude... I dont get your "lowering of standards" comment. How this...

SEX HAPPENS!!!

Why would we want to be PC and make it an all clean, all the time, sanitary napkin of a magazine. BOOOOORING! Jazz it up a bit. Everybody loves triathlon... and everybody loves sex! Of course... judging by your comment I could be mistaken in your desire for the later, no?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Casey - i would say triathletes will find this issue very well articulated, professionally written and photographed, and touching a subject that has long been ignored in the major tri pubs. This is not done in disdane. It will include a prominent features on bodies of age group triathletes through the decades (20's, 30's, etc, 70's+) and whether sex is heightened or hindered as a result of triathlon participation, and will include a very classy, albeit sexy, cover. I understand if this kind of issue is not for everyone, but it will also have our regular training features, race reports, and monthly columns too.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [boco_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
judging by your comment I could be mistaken in your desire for the later, no?

Yes you could be mistaken.

There are sex surveys, sex advertisements, sex in music, sex on billboards, sex on T.V, sex in movies etc., etc.

I think it would be nice to read a magazine without sex for a change. Inside Triathlon is just following along with everyone else, doing the same old same old.

It wouldn't kill them to be different.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you need to add another question to the survey.

"Are you currently married?" Most married folk could care less about sex with their partner and would rather ride the tri-bike then their spouse.

The boyfriend/girlfriend sex is still in the lust faze. You must be single, a male and an entry level triathlete by the way you put together your survey. A little basic. How can you write any article based on the ambiguous questions you gave?

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's.....Mequonman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most married folk could care less about sex with their partner and would rather ride the tri-bike then their spouse.

I really don't like it when you speak for all of us married folks. Just because you don't want to do your wife, don't dump that crap on the rest of us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please don't include me in your thinking. For what it is worth, my wife doesn't even like tea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It must suck to be you. By the way, there is more than one way to do a brick.....
--------------

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly...married sex can be great. at least it is for me and my wife.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're going to be losing readership over in god's country because of this. You should have included something about gay sex and marriage to balance that. AJFranke will cancel his subscription unless you call it the "Procreation sex survey".
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [cooterbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It must suck to be you. By the way, there is more than one way to do a brick.....
--------------

I like the way you think !!

I never thought of that. Bike/Sex brick

Should I have my wife in the missionary position in the transition area of my garage? Plus, this gives new meaning to a flying dismount. Also, what about transition time, does it count or not?

Maybe Dawn would like to practice this brick training with me?

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's.....Mequonman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked the tri bike...I can only ride so long and so often, but I don't think I could hold a job or be a productive human being (procreative maybe) with the perfect sexual partner....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dawnT, thank you for that post, you just made my day

Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [Eileen Steil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Total myth it doesnt hinder performance at all unless you go about it at like 4am for a 7am race, dont sleep at all the night before or pull a muscle while at it... do not bite that excuse :) They used to be really strict with this while i was playing soccer and at the top level of the sport they would even ban wifes and girlfriends and then found out it was not detrimental at all.

peace

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [ivansie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I played for a very competitive high school baseball team and our coach always knew if we had girlfriends. If we did, he would call our parents the night before any game to be sure we weren't with said girlfriend!

And speaking of pulling a muscle during sex....I had a girlfriend once tear her ACL once....ouch

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the first question should have been are you married or single, that changes a lot of the answers to follow :)

Cool survey but needs a little more options in some questions. The missing workout questions should be "would you miss a key workout... then it all changes :)

Peace

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Re: sex survey [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahah now that deserves extra points for...ummm...something! I bet she had a hard time explaining that injury to her mother.

Mad
Quote Reply

Prev Next