Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sram TT Pics [cyclistmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [Trisur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odd that the brake release is opened all the way up, yet the pad looks so close to the rim. And what's with that glue job!?!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice looking shifters though........
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@ Trisur

What's with the electrical tape?

---------------------------------------------
//FRISK

Save a bike - ride a triathlete

Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From this angle, the shifter bodies look much better -- fair better with the bars. Though the levers thmselves look far too delicate. The front angle in the OP shot make the shifters look rather wide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like they're using an EA90 (31.8 clamp) with the Attack TT aerobar (26.0 clamp diameter), with a shim. Hopefully Easton comes out with a 26.0 version of their high end stems. A shim doesn't make much sense on such a lightweight setup, unless I'm missing the advantage.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

He's on Rival not Force. Strange mix: Pinarello $$$$$$ bike with Rival.
Last edited by: Trisur: Feb 19, 07 17:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is on Force, with the exception of the cranks, which is Rival. Notice they covered the brand with electrical tape, so it would stay under wraps..

When I was talking to the guy from Sram, he said Velonews had the first pictures, and those were supposed to be kept secret. He said they would come out early summer (If i remember correctly) But they are going to officially unveil them on Friday, as long as everything goes right.

On a side note, the rider was very nice, He got off his bike so I could take more pics. The guys from Sram are also very nice, as I was in the pits of Priority Health, and they were there to talk to the riders, and not there to be asked questions...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackson Stewart and some of the KGSN guys ran aluminum cranks last year. The Q-factor is like a millimeter narrower, and I guess at this level of racing it matters. I dont think I would be able to tell a difference.

AF
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [airsoft510] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved the fact they covered them with tape and then put sram stickers on the bike. Who were they trying to fool?

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [RACERX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they dont make force cranks longer than 175 and all real TT'rs use much longer cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [cyclistmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More picture......

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there isn't a friction option for that rear shifter, I only have two words for it -- "no thanks".

Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because of the increased cable actuation ratio, SRAM derailleurs don't do out of tune as much as Shimano ones do, so there is no need to worry about the indexing getting out of sync like you experience with Shimano stuff. It takes more cable mov't for a SRAM rd to shift, so the probability of gears skipping and indexing falling out of adjustment is extremely low.
I used to adjust my XTR stuff before every ride because the indexing was so touchy, but with SRAM derailleurs I set it at the beginning of the season then never think about it again until it's cable change time. It's a HUGE difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you run a mix of 8-, 9-, and 10-speed cassettes, the probability of an indexed shifter causing skipping is, oh, some where close to... let me see...

100%

Friction or nothing for me.

Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you! I have full XO on my XTERRA rig. I set it once per year and ride, never another thought!

To me, SRAM is the Mac of the bike world, Shimano - Windows. Sure, Windows/Shimano sell more volume, but when is the last time your Mac got a virus or crashed?

I'm a Mac/SRAM guy all the way

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When you run a mix of 8-, 9-, and 10-speed cassettes, the probability of an indexed shifter causing skipping is, oh, some where close to... let me see...100%

Ok, good point. I just move my cassettes around from wheel to wheel - even chain wear, and all.

You want a shifter that will work with 8, 9, and 10sp cassettes? I assume then that you're running the same chain on all three cassettes? An 8sp chain on a 10sp cassette can't be all that smooth, and will probably skip regardless of shifting mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm with you! I have full XO on my XTERRA rig. I set it once per year and ride, never another thought!
Yup, just like the info-mercial - "Set it, and forget it."
Quote Reply

Prev Next