Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sram TT Pics
Quote | Reply
Finally some info on the Sram TT components. Also, a bug surprise to see they did brake levers as well. Looks really nice.

Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [cyclistmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The carbon bar end shifters look cool. Wonder if they're coming with TT chain rings.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interesting.

I hope it's available for OEM spec'ing on 2008 bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty weird setup, now that I look at it.

There appear to be some sort of custom machined aerobar clamp/extensions. The aerobars might even be mounted upside-down.

I wonder if this is for an especially short or tall rider or one with specific tastes? Simoni, or perhaps Miller?

Also, am I nuts, or does the drop on the brake levers look long. I do think its wise to go ahead and make the aero levers, though. No point in giving an opening to another company.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [douglaswebster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the brake levers look like they have a long reach because they're not made for a totally flat bar. I suspect they'd look a lot more "normal" if they were on the end of a Profile base bar.

But those shifters... Fugly (in my opinion). Look like they're much bulkier than they need to be. Friction option?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is David's bike, and he's over 6ft tall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not big on the shifters either. I do like the fact that someone has come out with carbon bar end shifters but they look horrible. Also for a TT bike the Nokon's installation is just plain bad. This is a wind cheating machine and the cables are all over the place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be honest I am a little dissapointed. I was hoping for something more revolutionary such as a "push-pull" shifter using something related to their mountain bike components, or a version of double tap using a mechanism rather than indexed friction.
As much as I like my SRAM Rival, I wont be getting rid of my Shimano bar ends for these.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should be made for a flat bar.

The curves create a weird wrist angle for out of the saddle action and they are most definatly more aero.

Plus, an up-curved bar would only make the long reach further away, not vice versa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those aerobar clamps look just slightly over engineered. I like the look of the flat bar though.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are not the standard clmp for the Hammerheads.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bulky? I actually just built a bike with these bar ends and they are the least bulky out of any bar ends in my opinion.. very slick!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The SRAM system looks great. Only, on this bike the cable routing along the housing section has been done very shoddily. For example, the two derailleur cables are looped around each other creating an unsightly mess. At first I thought the shifters were put on the wrong side then noticed the loop. This could be done to look much nicer.

Peter Solymosi
The Tri Bike Fit Studio
Vernon, BC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The brakes work very well and considering this is a first attempt, I'd say they pretty much nailed it.

The return spring is a nice touch as well.

The best is yet to come however...
Last edited by: SuperDave: Mar 17, 07 9:08
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[The best is yet to come however... ]

How cryptic and facinating.

What, now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of strange criticism about this and that, considerring that all we're looking at is a photo. In the grand scheme I think it will be pretty hard to criticize the SRAM products, even for people on this forum, once they're available to us. My experience on the MTB side of things is that they make things that just plain old work better than what's out there...period. They'll no doubt do the same for all of their road components. Nothing gimmicky, nothing strange, just good old reliable, well engineered parts.

Can't wait to rid my bike of the big S.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you have your history right. SRAM is making some of the finest components out there, no question. But to say they've "nailed it" with each attempt along the way is a stretch. Nothing gimmicky? SRT-800, johnnysnot?

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
except for that whole Force brake recall thing...
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
isn't that more of an assebly problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [EWH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, Millar must really be focusing on power output these days instead of superior aerodynamics...I calculate at least 10cm less drop than Cancellara and DZ.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One does not trump the other; power and aerodynamics work in concert to achieve optimal speed (ceteris paribus).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saying...from pictures he appears to be several cm higher than when he was World TT champion (granted, he was EPO'd to the gills). I think he would still have been top 3 without the dope, his form and position were good then.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DM apparently did a wind tunnel at the SDLSWT last winter for the first time, so my assumption is that is what drove the changes. You're right, at Cofidis and at world's he had a much more aggressive looking bike/position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the custom-ness of his current Ritchey system, there has got to be a reason for the height increase. I found one picture as well with some Vision R bend clipons that had the 25mm risers fixed on.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Sram TT Pics [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't think you have your history right. SRAM is making some of the finest components out there, no question. But to say they've "nailed it" with each attempt along the way is a stretch. Nothing gimmicky? SRT-800, johnnysnot?

OK - we're not talking the x-ray shifters of years past. Let's call them the "new" SRAM...the SRAM of recent years. The smart company, building great components. The SRAM that is cutting huge into Shimano's market share in the MTB world, and the SRAM that is becomeing widely knows for reliability, durability, and flawless shifting.

If their road components are any bit as good as their MTB stuff, and there's no reason to think it won't be, you're going to see them as a major player in the road world soon. You know you're making good stuff when the pro's choose to BUY your product, rather than get someone elses for free, because it works better. You see it a lot in the xc MTB world.
Quote Reply

Prev Next