Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of bars are on your six13?
Quote Reply
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time I see your Zipp's it reminds me that I need to get a hold of Tai. How is the System6? I'm anxious to ride one. I'll be looking for a road bike before the end of the year. I had (still have) eyes on a Mandaric, but the $$ will probably be a factor. I'm eyeing a System6 or a Trek 6.9SSL.

Your new ride has SRAM? How do you like the shifting?
Quote Reply
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So disappointed! That's a SystemSix!

They are Easton EC70s, you can have em as I'm getting some FSA Wing Compacts......

On a sidenote...whenever that Chipotle is completed in your mall, you can find me there at lunch and again on my way home.
Last edited by: Diesel: Dec 18, 06 19:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't give up my K-Wings for anything!

Yeah, that Chipotle will be a short walk from your office. I used to work at that bank and I had the nasty habbit of doing lunch at Bristols for lobster bisque and biscits. I had a Qdoba the other day that layed me off training for 48 hours. As it is after analyzing my Starbucks expenditures I came to the conclusion to never go there again, and that very day a customer of mine gave me a $100 SB gift card. So I'm weaning myself off.

How did I go from talking bars to food? Must be the off season....
Quote Reply
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [Superman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll toss up a full review in a few weeks when I have everything dialed in. I'm getting new bars and still need to hook-up the SRM.

Here's the short version in bullet points:

1) VERY responsive yet "comfy" to ride....a concept I don't really understand and wonder if it's my imagination.
2) Very happy on 45mph curvy decents, felt like I was going 30.
3) Torsionally very stable. Maybe the wheels..maybe the whole bike. Who knows?
4) I don't like the seat post (adjustment drives me nuts)
5) Although the stem looks cool, it doesn't come in various degrees (only lengths), so you need to be set-up right before chopping carbon. You can put on an aftermarket stem, but it looks funny.
6) SI Is very cool, surprised other companies haven't bought in on the standard. Lighter and stiffer than DA!
7) That 56cm weighs 15.2 lbs w/o the Taos (but with the pedals)

SRAM 10 Force - almost a different thread
1) Shifter Ergonomics - I LOVE it. Feels great. The comfiness of Campy, but the reach of a Shimano (actually more reach!)
2) To #1, most folks will need a different stem or bar due to the increased reach. A fitter's nightmare shifter as there is perhaps 2-3cm of fore/aft in a rider's position from relaxed to race position.
3) They don't shift "light", you need strong fingers. (a pro and a con)
4) I like the single sweep...took 30 seconds to get used to. However, it doesn't have the "inbetween" click like Shimano's 10 on the large cog. So, if you try to trim the front...you'll drop down to the small ring. This happend to me 5-6 times throughout my 2nd ride. Just think "no trim" and you'll be fine.
5) Running through the gears is easy, but it doesn't seem to like the 12-tooth cassette very much...in both 39 or 53. Yes...it was properly adjusted and the hanger is completely in aligment. I need to do some more work here.
6) I tried the ole sprinter's shift trick with the SRAM and it actually works very well. I imagine a few races will be won from guys using this to their advantage. (You can pull the shifter lever to the bar...so you can upshift while having full wrap around the drops)

I very happy with the SRAM 10 and would recommend it. Definately nice to have another option.

I'll post more in a few weeks...but if you have any specific questions, ask away.
Last edited by: Diesel: Dec 18, 06 20:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. 15.2#? That's pretty good. I can't wait until my lbs has one in stock.
Quote Reply
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [Superman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW - the "raw" rear end is supposed to be a few grams lighter, but each bike is a lil different. Or...maybe there isn't 3 rolls of Chinese newspaper wrapped up in the seat tube. ;o) Kidding.....

It was pretty darn light until I loaded up the water bottles and tossed on the 305.
Quote Reply
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All Alloy, All Ti, or All carbon?
----
I feel it is better to go all carbon or all aluminum or all titanium. When you mix materials you have chances of corrosion, and you overlap materials at the bond line which in effect adds excess material to the bonded portion of the bike.

If you go 100% alloy it will be stiff and inexpensive as a alloy frame is much cheaper to produce.
If you go 100% titanium it will be buttery ride, long fatigue life.
If you go 100% carbon well I have already made my points.

Also keep in mind you heat treat aluminum before you bond and this causes slight deflection of the tubes. Fine if it is 100% complete bike, but not something you want to glue to another material.

Scott
GM
SCOTT USA

Scott
CEO
scott@clubrideapparel.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [Tri-SCOTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott
Thanks for the info.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob,

No problem. Glad to join in.

Scott

Scott
CEO
scott@clubrideapparel.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice bikes.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Need some Feedback- Cannondale Six13 Slice Vs. Scott Plasma [BlakeSKI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My vote is Cannondale Six13 Slice Ironman
Quote Reply

Prev Next