Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the Renn 575 clincher. The Renn decal is history. My son is a computer graphic artist working at a very large sign company in Virginia. I sent him my ideas and color choice and he designed a decal to fit on the disc to match my Zipp 2001. It'll be a yellow "swoosh" style decal mounted near the rim, extends just over 1/2 way around and is pointed on either end. It'll look great as the wheel is spinning.

I've not ridden the Renn disc, but I have ridden Campy Ghibli, HED, HED3d and Zipp. We'll see what happens when I take the Renn for a ride.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't care for the look of the Renn. The Hed is heavy and also not terribly aesthetic. I'd rather not wait for the Zipp to come out.

That leaves Corima and Mavic (way too much $$$). Anything I've overlooked?

You've overlooked Citec:

http://www.citec.de/...seite=raeder/scheibe

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could just buy/borrow a copy of photoshop and then you can make the disc look however you want since performance isn't important.
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you limited in the PSI that you can put inCorima clinchers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<<No, the "black" Renn still has a more pronounced funny carbon pattern to it that literally makes my eyes cross! >>

Who cares??

If you can see your disc while riding your bike, then you've got more problems than just crossed eyes ;-)

Admit it, you are looking to buy some bike jewelry. Free your mind.

'Cuz if you wanted what works, you'd go w/ a disc cover or Renn, and if you didn't like the looks of them, you could have 'em painted, or get Tai to do up a nice graphic for 'em and be good to go.

Why not just get an 808?? S'posedly as good as a disc, pretty, spendy, and you can use it at Kona (just in case, ya never know....)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You could just buy/borrow a copy of photoshop and then you can make the disc look however you want since performance isn't important.

You funny.

More like I don't believe there's a material difference among discs, so might as well get one that doesn't look obnoxious or goofy.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Admit it, you are looking to buy some bike jewelry. Free your mind. "

He is not ready, master. He will be with us, one day.

One day.

It's more than jewelry. You are forgetting the very motivating disc wheel howl.

If all I wanted was jewelry, I'd wait for the Zipp. That's some bling, brother. I want low key looks, thus the aversion to glossy or shiny things!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I don't care for the look of the Renn. The Hed is heavy and also not terribly aesthetic. I'd rather not wait for the Zipp to come out.

That leaves Corima and Mavic (way too much $$$). Anything I've overlooked?

You've overlooked Citec:

No I haven't. Yet another myopic company that only makes a product for Shimano. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya there is a PSI limit, not sure what it is off hand though.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still think your best bet is a Renn and a can of spray paint. At 25 mph even a crappy paint job looks fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Yet another myopic company that only makes a product for Shimano. :-)[/reply]

If the wheel itself is cosmetically acceptable, which I gather is the primary concern, maybe you could get an AC cassette or Wheels Mfg spacer kit, and run your Campy drivetrain on the shimano compatible hub:

http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.asp?PART_NUM_SUB='2276-01'

http://www.wheelsmfg.com/products.php?cat=shiftconv&prod=shiftconv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go for the Renn, find a shop that does the custom airbrush work, and get them to set you up with real style.

I was thinking of getting my trispokes painted silver.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aztec..,

Check the classifieds.. (see link below)

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Paul

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]Yet another myopic company that only makes a product for Shimano. :-)[/reply]

If the wheel itself is cosmetically acceptable, which I gather is the primary concern, maybe you could get an AC cassette or Wheels Mfg spacer kit, and run your Campy drivetrain on the shimano compatible hub:

http://www.lickbike.com/...ART_NUM_SUB='2276-01'

http://www.wheelsmfg.com/...v&prod=shiftconv

I must be a poor communicator! NO. I don't believe there is a material performance difference among discs, so I might as well get one that fits with my aesthetic tastes. If it were purly about looks, I'd wait for the Zipp, no?

I have run a Wheels Manuf cassette before and while it worked fine, I don't like the gear range for a disc (mine's 11-27). I want to run my 11-23 Campy cassette.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't Renn's 575 pretty much flat black? I don't remember my friends looking carbon...

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's with the rim tape?

In Reply To:
You've overlooked Citec:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bavarian_Frank,

The Citec disc looks surprisingly like a Renn with a Citec decal on it. Am I the only one to notice this?

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote: "
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Yet another myopic company that only makes a product for Shimano. :-)

http://www.lickbike.com/...ART_NUM_SUB='2276-01'

http://www.wheelsmfg.com/...v&prod=shiftconv

I must be a poor communicator! NO. I don't believe there is a material performance difference among discs, so I might as well get one that fits with my aesthetic tastes. If it were purly about looks, I'd wait for the Zipp, no?

I have run a Wheels Manuf cassette before and while it worked fine, I don't like the gear range for a disc (mine's 11-27). I want to run my 11-23 Campy cassette."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aztec,

Seems you have forgotten about the Campy Ghibili disc. What gives? You can run your Campy cassette on it just fine.

As far as the Wheels Manufacturing cassette is concerned, what about an American Classic conversion cassette? They come in 11-23 as well as others. I use an AC 11-23 on my Hed3 trispoke and it works just fine. I don't know what other issues I'm missing but I'm sure you can fill me in.

BTW, I'm a Campy guy and also ride a Renn 575 clincher with a Campy 11-23 cassette. I get to go fast and kick ass, except for the extra weight I have to carry because my wallet is not as light as those who have unloaded much more $$$$ to do the same.

Thanks and good luck.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Last edited by: Wants2rideFast: Oct 13, 06 4:12
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aztec,

Seems you have forgotten about the Campy Ghibili disc. What gives? You can run your Campy cassette on it just fine.

As far as the Wheels Manufacturing cassette is concerned, what about an American Classic conversion cassette? They come in 11-23 as well as others. I use an AC 11-23 on my Hed3 trispoke and it works just fine. I don't know what other issues I'm missing but I'm sure you can fill me in.

BTW, I'm a Campy guy and also ride a Renn 575 clincher with a Campy 11-23 cassette. I get to go fast and kick ass, except for the extra weight I have to carry because my wallet is not as light as those who have unloaded much more $$$$ to do the same.

Thanks and good luck.[/reply]

No, silly boy, the Ghibli is tubular only.

By the time I buy a converstion cassette, I can just buy a spendier disk like a Corima. All that said I may just wait for next year's Hed for Campy.

Quote Reply

Prev Next