Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Clincher Disc Choices
Quote | Reply
I don't care for the look of the Renn. The Hed is heavy and also not terribly aesthetic. I'd rather not wait for the Zipp to come out.

That leaves Corima and Mavic (way too much $$$). Anything I've overlooked?

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I actually beat Cerveloguy to it?

How about a disc cover?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what don't you like about the Renn? They have a few different versions now... Black, silver... then just let your kids work their magic with finger paint and you've got yourself a wheel!

Bobby
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [hein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did I actually beat Cerveloguy to it?

How about a disc cover?
:-) Not for me, thanks.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [baselbutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what don't you like about the Renn? They have a few different versions now... Black, silver... then just let your kids work their magic with finger paint and you've got yourself a wheel!

Bobby

They look obnoxious. I just want something with a faint carbon pattern, or better yet, a flat black like the Zipp or X-treme G Force (though, for some reason, the distributors refuse to ever respond to calls or emails).

I should add that this is for Campy, which eliminated a few others out there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it's both shimano and Campy, but Xlab has a clincher disc.

http://www.reathcon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't have to wait. It's out. It's available. It was at Interbike, and it can be yours if you have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Rob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Not sure if it's both shimano and Campy, but Xlab has a clincher disc.
Looks to be either. Thanks, I'll check it out w/ Nytro.

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You don't have to wait. It's out. It's available. It was at Interbike, and it can be yours if you have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Huh. Thought it wasn't available until end of the year?

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per Glory Cycles...

Indefinite Delivery date. Late 2006

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a RENN and paint it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Planet X makes a nice looking disc as well. GBP 499, or about $925 at current prices.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The big Renn sticker peels right off. Once it's off, it looks like every other black, no-name disc out there. Unless you have the silver, like me. Later, I might get some of those fake bullet hole stickers to put on it.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Martin C: Oct 11, 06 18:02
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...guest=9319507#916634

If you dont mine a used zipp disc clincher. Keau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want a clincher disc now, you can probably not get a Mavic anyway, very limited

Renn is your best choice right now, then HED or X-Lab

Or get a disc cover, I have used one lately and got it from Wheelbuilder, it works very well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager's Aeolus TT disc will be available in clincher. I'm waiting myself to hear on arrival dates. I know there are some protos floating around... Definitely next year. It will be very stiff and light, but also pretty expensive (~$2K is the projected price right now). The tubular Aeolus TT disc is what I've been racing on since Vineman. It is awesome. You'll be able to pair it with an Aeolus clincher front. ALL of the Aeolus wheels are carbon clinchers, if that is an issue.

It was mentioned earlier, but seems to have been overlooked, that PlanetX also has a clincher disc.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Last edited by: Rappstar: Oct 11, 06 18:51
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The big Renn sticker peels right off. Once it's off, it looks like every other black, no-name disc out there. Unless you have the silver, like me. Later, I might get some of those fake bullet hole stickers to put on it.

LOVE the bullet holes.

No, the "black" Renn still has a more pronounced funny carbon pattern to it that literally makes my eyes cross!

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"How about a disc cover?

:-) Not for me, thanks."

Was it the, "same speed for 1/3 the price, while being fully serviceable" that turned you off?....;-)
Yes, precisely!

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Planet X makes a nice looking disc as well. GBP 499, or about $925 at current prices.
Shimano only (what are they thinking???).

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Bontrager's Aeolus TT disc will be available in clincher. I'm waiting myself to hear on arrival dates. I know there are some protos floating around... Definitely next year. It will be very stiff and light, but also pretty expensive (~$2K is the projected price right now). The tubular Aeolus TT disc is what I've been racing on since Vineman. It is awesome. You'll be able to pair it with an Aeolus clincher front. ALL of the Aeolus wheels are carbon clinchers, if that is an issue.

It was mentioned earlier, but seems to have been overlooked, that PlanetX also has a clincher disc.

Spendy! But sweet wheel.

Looks like the X-Lab, though in the pic below it appears to have a funky bulge shape (I thought lenticular went all the way to the rim?) and the X-Lab site -- gasp -- says it's very glossy. Ewww. I like nice dull Nascar-looking flat colors. I know, I'm being a picky poser.

http://www.nytro.com/...sc_2006_p/zz1865.htm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Bontrager is semi-lenticular. Similar, in some ways, to the new Zipp clincher disc. It has a sort of rippled skin. It starts out 22mm at the rim, then gets wider, then skinnier, then widens up to 35mm, which is why it is so stiff.

I could try to take a picture if you want. I'm not sure how well it would show up, but it looks very, very cool in person.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, no need to take a pic. I must resist spending that kind of cash on a wheel anyway (if indeed the clincher is going to be $2K). Plus, I want it soon, before 70.3. Thus why the Zipp is out as well.

Seems like Corima (hope those yella labels peel off!) or X-lab. That is, unless the X-treme disc comes through.

Quote Reply
Re: Clincher Disc Choices [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you want a clincher disc now, you can probably not get a Mavic anyway, very limited

Renn is your best choice right now, then HED or X-Lab

Or get a disc cover, I have used one lately and got it from Wheelbuilder, it works very well
Just realized that the HEd is for Shimano only as well. Huh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go corima, you will be very happy, or less money but a little heavier, you can go with Xlab.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply

Prev Next