Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Desert Tri (Palm Springs): Opinions?
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about signing up soon, to get the pre March 15 discount (race is April 18)...anyone done this one in the past and liked/hated it?

It seems like a good 1st race of the season, a nice night and day away from LA...thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Tri (Palm Springs): Opinions? [wintermute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flat, fast, and fun! Greg and Brenda always put on a great race going back to the days of the Desert Princess Run Bike Run. Perfect season opener. Have Fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did their sprint distance Pumpkin Man last fall. Even though I was wheezing after driving through the smoke from those horrendous (sp?) fires, it was quite fun. I was pure flat and fast. The lake was fine. Everyone around seemed to enjoy it.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it in '01 and it was ok but just ok. I likely won't do it again but more because of the inconvenient (for me) location than anything else.

They have had their share of problems. A racer died getting out of the water (heart attack, I think) in '01 and they cancelled the swim because of low water levels in the lake in '02. Obviously, people having heart attacks and local precipitation are out of the RD's control but there were things they could have done to handle each situation better. Still, it was a nice, low key race and the course was kind of pretty (in a wierd, desert sort of way).

I don't know if she makes a regular thing of it but PNF was racing there when I did it in '01.

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply