Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump flubs national anthem [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didnt get a good reception and was booed?
That's not what I saw and heard in the video of his appearance. According to the New York Times he received "loud cheers and a smattering of boos." And that's from a left wing newspaper. Newsweek is a joke, as evidenced by their recent Trump related headlines.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Trump got lit up on Twitter last night over this.

He's a special kind of genius. The best kind.

I mean all that swaying, forgetting the words...it's almost as bad as kneeling for the anthem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...Anthem-mumbling.html

Most Americans can't do it, why are you singling him out?

Well this is admittedly true, though most Americans didn't publicly rail on the protesting athletes for disrespecting the anthem.

Well Carl Lewis should know, he listened to it enough times when he was stealing medals from clean athletes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kU9XwcOIfI
Quote Reply
Re: Trump flubs national anthem [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a high school teacher give us a pop quiz that was simply to write out the lyrics of the Star Spangled Banner from memory. I don't think anyone got it completely right.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump flubs national anthem [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
JSA wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Why was Trump even there? Not a game POTUS usually attends, he seems to dislike football in general, and he thinks Atlanta is disgusting. Was the Waffle House calling that strong? I wish he would have trolled the TDS'ers by tweeting his presence motivated the two teams to play the greatest college football championship ever.

Good question, so, I looked it up. POTUS traditionally attends the Army/Navy game, but, you are right - not much of a history of attending this game.

I dunno. Well, I did comment on the Championship Game thread that this was one location where he could get a prolonged ovation. SEC country is Trump-land.

Here is a list of POTUS football game attendances: https://www.sbnation.com/...ational-championship

Hard for me to criticize him for this. If I was POTUS, I would go to any and every sporting event I felt like. Though the security concerns would drive my Secret Service detail nuts.

Only thing I thought was odd about attending the game was going out on the field for the anthem. Normally, they're sitting in a box and half the stadium doesn't even know they are at the game. This was all about Trump being the center of attention.

I could be wrong but don't remember and I would think it would be due to the security.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump flubs national anthem [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
TriFortMill wrote:
BarAk would have been on one knee or given the middle finger

That's how you remember it?

No wonder there is a glaring issue with objectivity.

Reminds me of an exchange on Facebook a few months ago. A friend (a Duffy-esque "I'm not a Trump supporter but.." guy) posted a news story about Trump meeting the caskets of fallen troops back as they returned to Dover AFB. A woman responded that "You'd never have seen Hussein Obama doing that" (notice how certain people always like to make sure they use his middle name, or a misspelled version of "Barack"?).

Several people, myself included, posted easily-Googled links to stories where Hussein Obama had, indeed, done exactly the same thing during his term.

Her response was that Obama was obviously only there for the photo-op.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe he was moved by the moment and couldn't sing.

Re: Trump flubs national anthem [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:

Well, it was awesome to see two well deserving SEC teams play for the National Championship. That would explain it. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump flubs national anthem [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're a singer, can you sing when you get emotional? Not me, I go on vapor lock.

Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
You're a singer, can you sing when you get emotional? Not me, I go on vapor lock.

Good point. There are certain lines in a couple of songs that I used to sing that would get me choked up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:

I think it is more likely he was having a movement than being moved.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next