Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello DFW_Tri and All,

I do not think there are many children of 8 years on this forum ... and if there are ...... they have become acclimated to the tenor of the riposte by now.

For the issues discussed in this thread ...... as to legal trouble ....... I will leave that to the lawyers to determine.

It seems rather normal for those humans that have their intellectual efforts disparaged to take umbrage .... and make their voice heard.

For myself I have more awareness of these different training computer applications after reading the pertinent threads ...... (and on Wattage) .... and appreciate the different view points brought out in the discussions.

Would it not be fun (and promoter could sell tickets) to have a live panel with each of the protagonists giving a short lecture on the benefits of their particular system ..... including a short debate ....... with a Q and A following?

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Oct 26, 17 13:13
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [grindmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grindmonkey wrote:
I have said it previously, but the manner in which Mr. Coggan conducts himself, previously and currently, has kept me from putting any of my own money towards any product with his name on it. Potentially to my own detriment (as some may try to say). Whether he is currently employed or associated is irrelevant.
Just about every training or analysis system out there uses Andy's ideas in one shape or form. They have often renamed them, or made tweaks to squirm their way out of giving due credit (some more brazenly than others, and some have made a hash of it) but the reality is the concepts introduced by Andy are ubiquitous.

That people prioritise money over ethics should trouble people far more than Andy's persona. The fact it hasn't is troubling in itself.

http://www.cyclecoach.com
http://www.aerocoach.com.au
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [AlexS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
They have. Read the other thread.
I did, struggling to find them though.

No matter, my thoughts are known.

Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello DFW_Tri and All,

I do not think there are many children of 8 years on this forum ... and if there are ...... they have become acclimated to the tenor of the riposte by now.

For the issues discussed in this thread ...... as to legal trouble ....... I will leave that to the lawyers to determine.

It seems rather normal for those humans that have their intellectual efforts disparaged to take umbrage .... and make their voice heard.

For myself I have more awareness of these different training computer applications after reading the pertinent threads ...... (and on Wattage) .... and appreciate the different view points brought out in the discussions.

Would it not be fun (and promoter could sell tickets) to have a live panel with each of the protagonists giving a short lecture on the benefits of their particular system ..... including a short debate ....... with a Q and A following?

Methinks you stir the pot, sir...but I LOVE the idea...

Dale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlexS wrote:

That people prioritise money over ethics should trouble people far more than Andy's persona..

Why ? Prioritizing money over ethics in the business world is normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grindmonkey wrote:
I have said it previously, but the manner in which Mr. Coggan conducts himself, previously and currently, has kept me from putting any of my own money towards any product with his name on it. Potentially to my own detriment (as some may try to say). Whether he is currently employed or associated is irrelevant.

To me, when you get into business with someone who continues to show the behavior towards others Mr. Coggan has, it means you either endorse the behavior or will tolerate it because of his talent. If only there were a recent analogy of someone who treats people poorly but was able to continue to thrive within his arena due to his perceived talent and knowledge/power.

To be extremely knowledgeable about one thing does not mean you have to abandon decency and common courtesy.

I see what you mean Andrew!

Hamish Ferguson: Cycling Coach
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
AlexS wrote:

That people prioritise money over ethics should trouble people far more than Andy's persona..

Being "normal" doesn't make it right.

Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How 'bout that World Series game last night?

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ShawnF wrote:

What Countries were playing ;)

Hamish Ferguson: Cycling Coach
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [Kiwicoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Los Hollywood and the Republic of Texas.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kiwicoach wrote:
ShawnF wrote:

The other was eliminated. It's all USA in the final heat.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlexS wrote:
TriguyBlue wrote:
AlexS wrote:

An ethical critique on profit motive on a board for a recreational sport that is exceedingly expensive. Hmm.
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:
AlexS wrote:
TriguyBlue wrote:
AlexS wrote:

An ethical critique on profit motive on a board for a recreational sport that is exceedingly expensive. Hmm.

The profit motive and ethics need not be mutually exclusive, even for expensive recreational pursuits.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kiwicoach wrote:
ShawnF wrote:

USA, Japan, Netherlands, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela

maybe more, those are just the ones I can think of

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to be clear: you expect me to compromise my position/censor my opinions just so others can make more money off of my ideas?

That would never happen even if my own livelihood were at stake; it certainly isn't about to happen just to benefit others.
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you need to the-read my post if that’s what you got from it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grindmonkey wrote:
concequence

consequence

grindmonkey wrote:
it is interesting to see companies start to distance themselves from you. I wonder why..... I don't think it is solely because you are the mighty crusader of FTP trying to stomp out illegal behavior.

No, it is because I have very strong opinions about certain issues, and refuse to compromise my standards in pursuit of the almighty dollar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I think you need to the-read my post if that’s what you got from it.

I don't see any other way to interpret:

"Despite your big brain you still can’t grasp how your actions impact those you are associated with???"

Perhaps you mistakenly believe that those capitalizing on my ideas are somehow my friends?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/quote]
Nah. They have a business to protect, and no matter how many times I have said otherwise, people frequently mistakenly assume that I work for (and hence represent) them. Perhaps Dirk's blog post will finally get the message across (but probably not).[/quote]

Well let me spell it out then. I was only replying to the above (mistaken in my opinion) point that by simply telling people you don’t work for TR that disassociates you from them. People are going to draw that link no matter how many times you say it. I think you should be able to understand that concept and your post seems to suggest you do. But maybe not.

That was my only point. Nothing more. I’m not regarding business practice issues from the other thread
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 26, 17 20:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the Wattage list posts to be much saltier actually. I am running low on popcorn at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
... we've had a couple of threads on this hosted here in the past week, i don't need to talk about it anymore ...

But you're going to anyways ;-)

You know, last couple of years I've been getting worried. Not only was AC posting less on the interweb, but sometimes his answers to questions were directly helpful. Gone the game of having to read between the lines or interpolate to see what he was driving at, or the endless battles over principles and specifics on the Wattage list; almost like he was going soft with age. So, somehow it's been a relief to see that the real AC is still here and present ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Three things strike me about this whole thing;

TP were only interested in protecting their own interests by the post

AC is, at least here, poor at getting his points across in the sense of it being a race to the bottom in the way he comments

I really hope he got paid well from them as the speed with which they threw him under the bus is almost unparalleled
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heaven forbid we live in a world where people act courteously to one another or think of consequences when they act.

Training Peaks has multiple customers/potential customers saying they will not use a product or will cancel a product because of the actions of Coggins. Training Peaks is trying to clarify that these actions are not the actions of Training Peaks. This makes them soft and part of a sensitive world?
Quote Reply
Re: The intersection of decorum and excellence [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It basically shows that they think their customers are idiots in so far as they have not understood when AC says he does not work for them that in fact, he does not work for them

That they also have no / little loyalty to those that got them where they are

This is not about being courteous or otherwise.

AC has been a demonstrable and evidenced arsehole for years

This is a company wanting to both keep the IP that got them where they are whilst now choosing to distance them from it because sufferfest is now of more value than AC
Quote Reply

Prev Next