Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're a few months behind. Trump is buds with "Chuck and Nancy" now. It's "liddle" Bob Corker making WWIII allegations now.

or phious wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
Still a piker compared to Joe Biden. Crazy Joe was at a rally here in Missouri years ago and asked a politician to stand up to be recognized. Poor guy was in a wheelchair, paralyzed from the waist down.

Too bad this isn't a thread about what Trump said. Would love to hear several people explain "stand up" is a figure of speech and was simply asking the guy to be recognized. #fakenews strikes again.

Probably be a bunch of people coming in there and instead of saying yeah, that was pretty stupid, but someone actually said something even more stupid at some time in the past. Here, I'll even give you a specific example. But I am in no way, shape, or form attempting to defend the guy. I didn't even vote for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
President Donald Trump accidentally referred to the US Virgin Islands' governor as their President during a speech Friday

They think it was accidental...

Their naivety is adorable.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Oct 14, 17 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
President Donald Trump accidentally referred to the US Virgin Islands' governor as their President during a speech Friday

So Obama adds states to the Union and it's just a teleprompter error, but Trump calls the Governor President and Trump is a moron? Of the two mistakes Obama's is more egregious and the logic that Obama's is forgiveable and Trump's is worthy of damnation is logically indefensible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

You think it was intentional?

That's ridiculous. Of course it was accidental.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I think Trump thought the leader of the U.S Virgin Islands is referred to as the President.

Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Obama adds states to the Union and it's just a teleprompter error, but Trump calls the Governor President and Trump is a moron?

But, I wasn't talking about Obama's comment and I wasn't talking about Bush's mistakes or any other President for that matter.

Is it really shocking that Trump thought the head of the Virgin Islands is the Governor?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I think Trump thought the leader of the U.S Virgin Islands is referred to as the President.

Did you think Obama thought there were more than 50 States?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

So Obama adds states to the Union and it's just a teleprompter error, but Trump calls the Governor President and Trump is a moron? Of the two mistakes Obama's is more egregious and the logic that Obama's is forgiveable and Trump's is worthy of damnation is logically indefensible.

Jesus, we'll argue about anything on here.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
Still a piker compared to Joe Biden. Crazy Joe was at a rally here in Missouri years ago and asked a politician to stand up to be recognized. Poor guy was in a wheelchair, paralyzed from the waist down.

...I'm not sure I'd want to bring up the subject of ridiculing disabled people (intentionally or not) in a Trump thread. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Egregious? Slips of the tongue are now egregious? He meant 40 he said 50. I'd bet at Mopdahl odds he knows how many states there are.

Trump saying 'president' of the USVI is funny. Would you bet 25:1 that Trump knows there is no president of the USVI other than him?

There is a picture of Obama's flag lapel pin though:

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Oct 14, 17 15:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Trump's error indicates he is unaware that the Virgin Islands are US territory. The error is not accidentally calling the governor by the wrong title. The error is a lack of knowledge over what territory constitutes the US. EVERYBODY knows the US has 50 states. Hence we can chalk Obama's error up to a mistake... and Trump's to incompetence.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Oct 14, 17 15:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

Trump's error indicates he is unaware that the Virgin Islands are US territory. The error is not accidentally calling the governor by the wrong title. The error is a lack of knowledge over what territory constitutes the US. EVERYBODY knows the US has 50 states. Hence we can chalk Obama's error up to a mistake... and Trump's to incompetence.

Wendy is just trying to be argumentative. He knows full well that comparing Obama and Trump's intelligence is ridiculous. Obama makes Trump look like a fifth grader. You can argue about the merits of either man's politics four hours, but arguing that Trump is even remotely as intelligent as Obama is a complete joke.. And Wendy knows that.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Egregious? Slips of the tongue are now egregious? He meant 40 he said 50. I'd bet at Mopdahl odds he knows how many states there are.

Trump saying 'president' of the USVI is funny. Would you bet 25:1 that Trump knows there is no president of the USVI other than him?

Um you're basically an ignorant fool. 57 states. Thank you for playing. Carry on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

It really doesn't demonstrate that the President is unaware that USVI is a territory. He said,

"We also stand with the millions of people who have suffered from the massive fires, which are right now raging in California, and the catastrophic hurricanes along the Gulf Coast, in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands. And I will tell you, I left Texas, and I left Florida, and I left Louisiana, and I went to Puerto Rico, and I met with the president [governor] of the Virgin Islands.
These are people that are incredible people. They've suffered gravely, and we'll be there. We're going to be there. We have, really -- it's not even a question of a choice. We don't even want a choice. We're going to be there as Americans, and we love those people and what they've gone through. And they're all healing, and their states and territories are healing, and they're healing rapidly. "

He mentions the territories specifically, and he included USVI in with his discussion of the States and PR, while making it clear that we're all Americans and neighbors. I think it's very likely that he just got the wrong word stuck in his head. If he had met with the Governor, his staff's prep would have included a quick briefing on USVI and the Governor himself, and he would have been introduced to the Governor with titles exchanged.

I wouldn't write this off as anything more than a brain fart.

There are plenty of real issues for disagreement with the President. I wouldn't waste time making more of little blunders like this than they really deserve.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

Wendy is just trying to be argumentative. He knows full well that comparing Obama and Trump's intelligence is ridiculous. Obama makes Trump look like a fifth grader. You can argue about the merits of either man's politics four hours, but arguing that Trump is even remotely as intelligent as Obama is a complete joke.. And Wendy knows that.

Actually fucktard I have little to no confidence in Obama's intelligence. What evidence do you have of said intelligence? People told you how smart he is? As for Trump, I have nothing to base his intelligence off of either (Obama was an affirmative action admit and Trump was a future large donor admit). Trump is better at speaking on his feet than Obama (see all the gaffes when off the teleprompter), but Obama has a more refined delivery. Please don't tell me you're basing everything off of how speeches are delivered, otherwise you'd vote for the guy reading the news on the radio for president (or in your case Prime Minister, if the Queen let's you have one).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

And you're basing that on what? Seriously, you don't like Trump, we get it. Your criticism of this is specious and indicates a lack of critical reasoning (or being blinded by your dislike for him). Pick something better to bitch about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Pick something better to bitch about. "

So which Trumpism would you suggest to chose from. Not like there is a shortage of choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

So which Trumpism would you suggest to chose from. Not like there is a shortage of choice.

Failure to repeal Obamacare or pass tax reform would be a good place to start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

Actually fucktard I have little to no confidence in Obama's intelligence. What evidence do you have of said intelligence? People told you how smart he is? As for Trump, I have nothing to base his intelligence off of either (Obama was an affirmative action admit and Trump was a future large donor admit). Trump is better at speaking on his feet than Obama (see all the gaffes when off the teleprompter), but Obama has a more refined delivery. Please don't tell me you're basing everything off of how speeches are delivered, otherwise you'd vote for the guy reading the news on the radio for president (or in your case Prime Minister, if the Queen let's you have one).

Actually you scumsucking asswipe, I've watched enough interviews with both Obama and Trump to get a pretty darn good idea about the relative intelligence of each. Obama wins hands down every time. On eloquence, knowledge, manners and intelligence. Plus I bet Melania would prefer to fuck him too.

Much like I base my judgement of you being a complete moron. You write stupid, specious arguments repeatedly with a surety only found in a complete fucktard, to use your term.

===============
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

Actually you scumsucking asswipe, I've watched enough interviews with both Obama and Trump to get a pretty darn good idea about the relative intelligence of each. Obama wins hands down every time. On eloquence, knowledge, manners and intelligence. Plus I bet Melania would prefer to fuck him too.

Much like I base my judgement of you being a complete moron. You write stupid, specious arguments repeatedly with a surety only found in a complete fucktard, to use your term.

So it is the way he delivers his speech. Got it. Pro-tip, Steven Hawking can't talk and he's probably one of the smartest people to ever live. I notice you ignore everything else I wrote, including the fact I make no assertions about Trump's intelligence. Good to know you would vote for the guy that reads the news. I like that fact you came out swinging with nothing substantive, it means you have nothing. Point Windy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Well that's all Hillary's fault isn't it? Or maybe Obama's fault. Or maybe just plain old fake news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

So it is the way he delivers his speech. Got it. Pro-tip, Steven Hawking can't talk and he's probably one of the smartest people to ever live. I notice you ignore everything else I wrote, including the fact I make no assertions about Trump's intelligence. Good to know you would vote for the guy that reads the news. I like that fact you came out swinging with nothing substantive, it means you have nothing. Point Windy.

Hmm, I accuse you of using stupid, specious arguments, then you use one. Clever, in a stupid way. Minus five points Windy.

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Um you're basically an ignorant fool. 57 states. Thank you for playing. Carry on

Little Windy is cute when he throws a tantrum and tries to act the tough guy.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's most idiotic Trump moment [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Well that's all Hillary's fault isn't it? Or maybe Obama's fault. Or maybe just plain old fake news.

That's a nonsensical statement.
Quote Reply

Prev Next