Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
windywave wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
windywave wrote:
tri_yoda wrote:
There is no state income tax in WA. That is very attractive for high earning, high skilled workers. I live in OR, I have many friends in Seattle. I tell them I pay a $12K per year "membership fee" to live in OR. There is give and take. In this case the companies have to give. Sure, move to Arkansas if it is cheaper, but you aren't going to find a lot of qualified employees.

Texas, Chicago, and Pittsburgh solve those problems while also being in the middle of the country.

As for knocking Arkansas, Wal-Mart and Tyson seem to being just fine.

No chance. #1 criteria is town with high level university such as Carnegie Mellon.

No chance for Texas (a shitload of schools), Chicago (a shit load of schools), or Pittsburgh which has fucking CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY that you cited?

Was responding to the Arkansas comment. Damn iPad mini, I thought I highlighted it.

No worries. I'm not advocating for Arkansas at all, but it's not the backwoods worthy of immediate dismissal that triyoda implied.

Have you seen picture of tri_yoda? If there was ever a byproduct of inbreeding, it's tri_yoda. So, backwoods would be enticing to him.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
windywave wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
windywave wrote:
tri_yoda wrote:
There is no state income tax in WA. That is very attractive for high earning, high skilled workers. I live in OR, I have many friends in Seattle. I tell them I pay a $12K per year "membership fee" to live in OR. There is give and take. In this case the companies have to give. Sure, move to Arkansas if it is cheaper, but you aren't going to find a lot of qualified employees.

Texas, Chicago, and Pittsburgh solve those problems while also being in the middle of the country.

No chance. #1 criteria is town with high level university such as Carnegie Mellon.

No chance for Texas (a shitload of schools), Chicago (a shit load of schools), or Pittsburgh which has fucking CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY that you cited?

Was responding to the Arkansas comment. Damn iPad mini, I thought I highlighted it.

No worries. I'm not advocating for Arkansas at all, but it's not the backwoods worthy of immediate dismissal that triyoda implied.

Have you seen picture of tri_yoda? If there was ever a byproduct of inbreeding, it's tri_yoda. So, backwoods would be enticing to him.

I have not, but I'm thinking a cross between Deliverance and The Reverant
Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:

Depends on the talent you need. It's really hard to get top programming talent (read: $500K+) outside of Silicon Valley and Seattle.

I have a buddy who moved his company from Silicon Valley to Texas absolutely sure it was a great business decision due to taxes, etc. He moved back a year later.

Uncle A. is on the right track. The Pittsburgh area is one of the "little Silicon Valley" competitors due to CMU.

Where in TX did he go. I thought Austin was the next Silicon Valley or the SV of the Midwest. My airline used to run regular flights between ATX and SJC quite a bit, it’s nickname was the nerd bird. 🤓

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I would be willing to bet money I do.

Any other questions?

When did you learn the second HQ would be in Alabama?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It won't.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll bet you $25 that it will be Alabama if you take Wisconsin. If neither it is a draw. What say you?

Note, I don't care that you think you have inside information. My information is better.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it won't.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
I'll bet you $25 that it will be Alabama if you take Wisconsin. If neither it is a draw. What say you?

Note, I don't care that you think you have inside information. My information is better.

Can I take the field?
Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, at 2-48 odds.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Sure, at 2-48 odds.

Last guy who offered odds like that in the LR found himself unable to pay and had to slink back to his predatory lending business ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have not stated that right, or you are not reading that right. My intention is that if field wins, I pay windy $2 and if Ala/WI win, he pays me $48. In any even, I withdraw the original offer, and offer this.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
I may have not stated that right, or you are not reading that right. My intention is that if field wins, I pay windy $2 and if Ala/WI win, he pays me $48. In any even, I withdraw the original offer, and offer this.

It’s going to be Boston.

Trust me folks. It’s going to be yuuuuge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Halvard wrote:
JSA wrote:
Halvard wrote:
JSA wrote:
Halvard wrote:
davec wrote:
http://mynorthwest.com/781615/seattle-business-tax-proposal-oct-2017/

Boeing already moved it’s corporate office.

Amazon’s footprint will be much smaller in 10 years.

Really.
Do you have anything that can back up your guessing??

So you even know why Amazon are looking for a HQ2?

Yes, I'm quite familiar with it - personally, in fact. Tax rates, wage laws, and labor requirements. Good chance they end up here in God's Country, along with Foxconn.

Do you have any other questions?

Ha ha ha. This must be a joke

Nope. I have advised on the process.

Any other questions?

Good to know that you know more than me about what is happening at Amazon.

I would be willing to bet money I do.

Any other questions?

I love how a guy who pushes the snack cart around the halls at Amazon thinks that he knows more about these types of decisions then a labour lawyer who has advised on the subject.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
H- wrote:
Sure, at 2-48 odds.

Last guy who offered odds like that in the LR found himself unable to pay and had to slink back to his predatory lending business ...

Typical lawyer, can't do math.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Any other questions?

Is it true that Halvard has auditioned, at least twice, for a Harvey Weinstein movie?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

I'll take those odds with a wager of .045. If I win you owe me 4 pennys and a ha'penny if you win I owe you a dollar.
Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
JSA wrote:
Any other questions?

Is it true that Halvard has auditioned, at least twice, for a Harvey Weinstein movie?

I heard he was the fluffer to get Harvey ready for when the talent showed up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Do you have any other questions?

Is it true that they are using things like taxes and wage laws as excuses because in reality they are terrified of the Really Big One?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

I've a buddy that moved to Arkansas to work for Wal-Mart. The picture he paints of the area is not the Arkansas that I vaguely picture(d). He makes it sound like a zone of really bright, hard charging folks working their asses off in a region with a low cost of living, great schools, and tons of outdoor recreation.

Wouldn't be hard for me to imagine Amazon opening HQ2 there. Also, there are strong parallels between the two businesses so a high percentage of the locals have useful experience.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how you comment without actually knowing either one of them personally ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I love how you comment without actually knowing either one of them personally ;-)

Ha! If only you knew! I was at both of their weddings. I was in JSA's wedding party, and I was banging halvards wife before the ceremony while she was "getting ready with the girls".

/Pink

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

One of the posters is slightly more credible than the other.

Kind of like an asteroid slightly missed the earth yesterday.

Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or so you think...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Or so you think...

Are you trying to say that Halvard isn't really an idiot, that he only plays one on the internet?

Or that JSA is full of shit, which I have never found to be the case?

Quote Reply
Re: And Seattle wonders why Amazon is looking for a HQ2 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know JSA.
Quote Reply

Prev Next